News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sept 8-9 2012 Waterman, IL

Started by 2 clicks low, September 09, 2012, 10:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

I promised to put this up today so others can post photos.
1 new rifleman, 2 requals.
Will revise tomorrow.

GREAT SHOOT.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR COMMING.

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Rubicon

My wife, my son and I participated in the Waterman Appleseed this weekend and had a great time. We learned a tremendous amount of information from critical gun safety principles to proper shooting technique. It is exactly what I had hoped for. For me it was a great refresher as it's been a long time since I've handled a rifle. For my wife and son it was the first time beyond BB guns. At first they were apprehensive but the team of instructors were quick to engage us and the 3:1 student to instructor ratio allowed them to give us individual coaching until we became more confident and proficient. Attached are a few pictures from day 2. There is a picture of an instructor (Justin, I believe) helping my son change his sights from the original notch sights to Tech Sights which we purchased earlier that week. After numerous AQT tests the instructors challenged us to a fun shoot and generously awarded students with flags for our efforts. This morning proudly I installed our flag on the deck of our house for all the neighbors to see. There is also a picture of Justin showing me his SKS in the afternoon. A little while later my dear wife shot a few rounds of the SKS at 4 inch steel that 2 Clicks Low set up on the 100 yrd range. She made contact several times and my son watched her through the spotting scope. To end the 2nd day, my son and I tested our skills on the 100 yrd range in different positions. We still have a bit to learn as none of us earned our Rifleman patch -- dear wife came the closest. We will definitely apply what we learned, dry run our positions on the living room floor and return next month to test our skills again. Thank you Appleseed instructors for sharing your precious time, your rifleman talent and your stories of Minuteman history with us. It was a great family outing.

Mike, Lena and Dmitriy