News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eagle Creek, OR September 8-9, 2012

Started by George Hacker, September 09, 2012, 08:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

What a beautiful day in northwest Oregon to spend with over twenty patriots who came out to an Appleseed to learn some rifle marksmanship techniques and learn about the events surrounding April 19, 1775.  All ages were represented and we had solo shooters as well as couples attend.

Congratulations, Craig, on earning your Rifleman's Patch.  Great shooting.

About half the students were repeat Appleseed shooters and half were new to Appleseed.  We had a few shooters who had never shot before or had done very little shooting before coming.  Everyone learned and applied the safety and we didn't have any muzzle sweeps.

Jeff, keep dry practicing.  You are knocking at the door and remember to shift your hips in prone so that you get comfortable.  You had 3 great stages but made a few costly mistakes on stage 4 of the AQT.  If you find your NPOA on that fourth stage, I am sure you will shoot a rifleman's score.  Also thank you for putting out the good word about Appleseed and getting your friends to come to our events.

Bob, you too are knocking at the door of earning your Rifleman's Patch.  Great shooting.  Your grandson, Josh, was a pleasure to work with.  His marksmanship really improved.  It was also a pleasure meeting your son when he came to watch at the end of the day.  I hope he comes out and does and Appleseed himself (before Josh keeps practicing and outshoots his dad).

There were some ladies and girl shooters who were improving dramatically throughout the day.  You could see their confidence build in handing rifles safely as the day progressed.

Thank you, Douglas Ridge Rifle Club, for letting us use your range.  You have a beautiful facility and you are gracious hosts.  I look forward to coming out and working future events at your facilities.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

George Hacker

Oh yeah, you probably want to see some pictures.  Here is a sampling:

More pictures will be posted on our Facebook AAR (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.443998282310497.100167.163235577053437&type=1&notif_t=like) when they become available.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

Kimber Custom

Prescott

It was a great weekend to be back at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club.    We had a great group of shooters this weekend and this was a great venue for Appleseed in the Portland metro area.   This venue can help AS spread it message of the heritage of our country to our fellow Oregonians.

Congratulations to our 3 new Rifleman - Craig, Frances and Douglas, and the repeat Rifleman - Randy   ^:)^

You all absorbed the teaching and applied these skills to your shooting and shot very well this weekend.   Actually, all the students this weekend had very teachable attitudes and worked on increasing their marksmanship skills.

I am thrilled that we picked up a new Orange Hat this weekend, Frances, and thanks for joining the NW Instructor corp

I am looking forward to seeing everyone again at another AS near you!

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Lady Lexington

Thanks Prescott and all the instructors!

It was such a fun weekend and I am looking forward to joining the Northwest Region Appleseed Instructor Team!  ::)

Frances
Plant a seed wherever you go and feed the mind, body and soul.

George Hacker

Welcome aboard, Lady Lexington.  Excellent shooting and congratulations on earning your patch.  I could tell it was a riflewoman's target after I gave it a quick glance when you handed it to me.  Well done! O0

Thank you for stepping up and taking an orange hat.  The Northwest Region could use more instructors and I'm glad you stepped up to help. ..:..

- ShadowMan

Ironbar

I'm going to do more than just dry-fire practice! .22 ammo is cheap, and I'm going to make regular trips into the hills to my usual spot to run AQT drills so that next time, I'll get that patch!

Also a word of advice for you Prescott: Try working on eliminating the word "basically" from your vocabulary. It's a speech filler, and after few hundred repetitions on Saturday, it's kinda noticeable.  ;) 

Ironbar

P.S. Looking forward to getting my first M1 Garand in the next few months!

Mister Clark

Hello. It was a real pleasure to work with everyone at the shoot! A heartfelt thank you goes out to the wonderful RSO's from Douglas Ridge Rifle Club! I thoroughly enjoyed the interaction with everyone and it made for a very pleasant environment to promote the cause of Liberty, and help other Americans on thier path to Rifleman!!!

WELCOME TO THE INTRUCTOR CORPS LADY LEXINGTON!!!!!

Mister Clark
Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

Vicar

A big THANK YOU to all the instructors. I appreciate all of the things that you taught me. I was excited to get my rifleman patch by the end of the event, but more excited to be more confident behind the sights of a firearm.  I was definitely stirred in my heart to a greater appreciation for our liberty and I look forward to being a part of another Appleseed event!

-Douglas-

PS. Thanks for the trinket Mister Clark!