News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur, NC RBC Aug 26-Sep 3

Started by Lawrence, September 08, 2012, 06:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

RAMSEUR 8-12!

15 RBC Students (3 IITs', 1 Red Hat, 6 first time students who had never been to an Appleseed, the remainder had attended at least one AS)

Students from: FL, NC, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WI. Great group! All came well prepared and eager to learn!

Rifleman: 11!

KD Riflemen: 6!

Camping was great! Fantastic weather and no effects from hurricane Irene.

Ramblinwreck, came over from north Georgia to work his first RBC at Ramseur. Exemplary is the word! Polished and experienced also apply! He brought just the right balance to our group and provided yet again, confirmation of the consistent quality of Appleseed people!

Adamsod, who will be promoted to Shoot Boss at his next event is from the Ramseur tribe. Quiet, hard working and ever vigilant for the slightest need. Always ready to work. NC is very lucky to have him.

Sadman, our NC Red Hat paying participant, filled in wherever needed with the same quiet work ethic that exemplifies the best of AS Instructors.

New Instructors promoted from the RBC:

Green Bean from TX, earned KD Rifleman and IIT2. He will be joining our far south (read Laredo) Texas program. I sure hope he can return to Ramseur in the future.

Shep from OH, earned KD Rifleman and IIT2 and will be a great asset to Ohio. The RBC was a birthday gift from his wife! Slim will mentor him but he probably won't be willing to wear a Mohawk.

Patricia also from OH, is a Camp Perry small bore champion and service rifle competitor. She had to leave early with a family emergency and our thoughts and prayers followed her home. Hopefully,she will update us when time allows.

Please post your photos and observations!

Sadman

Lawrence,

Thank you once again for all you do.  The RBC was a great experience for me and I'm grateful that you and Ramblin Wreck were our instructors.

Ramseur 8/12

Ramblin' Wreck

If you want to have the best time you've ever had shooting you must go to an RBC in Ramseur some time. The instruction and fellowship with like-minded fellow Patriots was worth every minute.

Thanks to Lawrence, Adamsod, Sadman and everyone in attendance for taking the time to come out and participate.

Check out some pictures at this link:
http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l502/Ramblinwreck77/Appleseed%20Events/Ramseur%20August%202012/

Ramblinwreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Green Bean

It was an honor to learn from and spend time with Lawrence, Sadman, Adamsod and Ramblin Wreck. I hope one day I can return to Ramseur as an RBC instructor.  It was a great week and hard to put into words what all I learned.  Even if we did not fire one shot at the RBC it was worth the trip.  I will try to exercise what I learned to be a better Rifleman, Instructor and American. 

Botbasher

Yeah... Guess I know what I'm doing for vacation next year! Anyone know the schedule so I can start planning my work schedule!

Just hope the weather cooperates better!

See you all there next time!

Ken
We have met the enemy and he is us. - Pogo the Possum

"The Constitution is a restraining order against the federal government. I'm not going to say a word about the effectiveness of restraining orders against criminals." Standing Wolf

You know why nobody panic buys .30-06? Because a man with a .30-06 doesn't need to panic.