News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Homeschooling Works, Picnicseed, Livonia MI, Sept. 5, 2012

Started by Hammer Forged, September 06, 2012, 10:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer Forged

Wow, what another amazing and incredibly interested crowd of patriotic Americans!  This event, like the INCH Conf. was attended by Homeschoolers who are interested in keeping the ideals of our Founding Fathers alive for our Posterity.  I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as much as we enjoyed being a part of something special.

Thanks to Homeschooling Works for inviting Appleseed to present at their annual reasource picnic.

The Pre-Show rehearsal

The Center Piece of the Show  "The Brown Bess"

Appleseed Instructors gettng down on the mat for some hands-on demonstrations

The Kids were lined-up for their turn on the mat to do the Laser Demmo - Red Coats vs. Green Coats

Even the Boy Scouts were giving it a try!

Mac66 performing his "Lexington Green" presentation from the prospective of young Jonathan Harrington and William Diamond.

Demonstrating just how small targets look at 25 meters

Appleseed Instructors - doing what they do best - continuing the legacy of our Founding Fathers

Thanks to all who showed up with such a great attittude!

Tinnitus?    No, its Liberty calling!

"Those who HAMMER their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

Pitmaster

Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

SteelThunder

As usual, guys, FANTASTIC JOB!  Let's do that over here on the west side, too!

Great pictures also.

ST2 out
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Hammer Forged

Steel,
We're coming your way - yeserday I got a lead to the West Side Home School Nerve Center - See you soon at a Homeschool Event in your town.
HF
Tinnitus?    No, its Liberty calling!

"Those who HAMMER their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

TruTenacity

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Two Wolves

Great job   O0   Now tell me---how can I find those display posters? If you don't mind sharing. Best regards, Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Earthmom

It was a flurry of activity for 3 constant hours, a great venue.

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Prone to Knit

Great job and fantastic idea letting the kids learn a bit on a demo rifle. That can be done at any show without having to get police clearance.

Kim
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

Swamp Thing

Oh man,

I had to do a double take. That's a cleanshaven Waveman without a hat! It took me 5 minutes to figure out who that was.  ;D

All kidding aside. Fantastic job guys!  ^:)^ the only problem we have now is where do we make room on the lines for all of these new shooters. And that's a good problem to have.

Well done!

ST

ITB

Quote from: Swamp Thing on September 06, 2012, 11:52:05 PM
Oh man,

I had to do a double take. That's a cleanshaven Waveman without a hat! It took me 5 minutes to figure out who that was.  ;D

LOL.  Same here.  I was thinking, "who is that guy, and how did he get an Appleseed polo?"   

Great job, everyone!  Lots of people, lots of smiles, and quite an audience for what I'm assuming to be Mac's story.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

R1SGx2

Very nice job by all...

The photo's tell the whole story,

Thank you to the whole team that made this happen / a lot of work,,,,

As with this event, THINK LIBRARY SEEDS,,,,,,,
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

mac66

Quote from: intheburbs on September 07, 2012, 08:26:28 AM
Quote from: Swamp Thing on September 06, 2012, 11:52:05 PM
Oh man,

LOL.  Same here.  I was thinking, "who is that guy, and how did he get an Appleseed polo?"   

Great job, everyone!  Lots of people, lots of smiles, and quite an audience for what I'm assuming to be Mac's story.

Hammer Forged who is responsible for getting this whole thing asked them if we could do some history. They not only said sure, but set up a tent/canopy just for us. We drew a lot of people who were just walking by.
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

SteelThunder

Quote from: Hammer Forged on September 06, 2012, 11:00:30 AM
Steel,
We're coming your way - yeserday I got a lead to the West Side Home School Nerve Center - See you soon at a Homeschool Event in your town.
HF

SAAAAAA-WEEEETT!  Lemme know how I can help get that up and running!

Like it  O0 ^:)^ O0 ^:)^
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Superheat

ITB

I'm kinda curious what's going on in this picture.  Mac, what are you saying to Iceman?    &)

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

mac66

Quote from: intheburbs on September 07, 2012, 06:16:17 PM
I'm kinda curious what's going on in this picture.  Mac, what are you saying to Iceman?    &)

**)  didn't notice that. Actually that is Waveman next to him. I was talking to the woman on the right, so I claim innocence to any charges of calling Iceman a little girl. Maybe Iceman just lost his cool.

Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan