News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winona, MN Sept 1-2 AAR

Started by Cooper, September 05, 2012, 10:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooper

My apologies for the delay in this post, I spent the last several days in drug-induced la-la land due to my 4 herniated lumbar discs and multi-level spinal stenosis...  Hey, let's look at it from the positive side: I have one lumbar disc that is NOT herniated!!!  It could be worse!
What an awesome Appleseed event!!  Oversold and had to turn people away due to safety concerns...
Incredible weather and incredibly receptive students!  Jeff & Isaac, Andy and Mary Ann, Mary and Daniel, JR and Susan and Jacob, Andi and Chris, Jason and Anne and Tyler and Aaron!!!  Michele and Mike and Abby, Luke and Stacy, Ethan, Bennet and Adam and I'm sure I'm missing others....
Beautiful weather, enthusiastic students and a generous spread of instructors that compensated for the distractions of my screaming pain.  The comfort of knowing that many others are stepping up to take my place if I end up incapacitated by the injuries incurred by service to my country and by the ordinary stupid decisions of a teenager...
Please post your thoughts, observations, photos and random mumblings regarding this most blessed event!!!

Cooper and Jackie the Rifledog
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

JOEMORGAN

Great photos...I like the last one...the prone shooter with her leg at 90 degrees.  Cooper heal up fast...see you on the trail!
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

FreedomV

Thank you to everyone who came to the Winona Sportsman's Club to practice our perishable marksmanship skills! Tell your friends about Project Appleseed and bring some friends to your next Appleseed weekend.
Let them know about the 6 steps to firing the shot.  Check out the Rochester MN, Holmen WI, and Chaseburg WI ranges at an Appleseed weekend.
Illegitimi non carborundum

CIVLAKFLT

CIVLAKFLT

Excellent turnout on a gorgeous weekend! It was great seeing everyone. The instructors were awesome! Everyone seemed to have a great time and it was wonderful to see so many families there!