News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

North Vernon IN, Sept 1-2 2012

Started by yellowhousejake, September 04, 2012, 07:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

Do I count Issac as an attendee?

Weather started out wet and continued all weekend. While mornings were wet the afternoons dried out a good bit and fine marksmanship was displayed by all. We lost half our line due to schedule conflicts but we still enjoyed enough students to a good weekend and provide some interaction. No dancing that I saw, but I am told it was there.

I have learned that I tend to shoot my best when the weather is at it's worst and I think the entire line shared the same tendency. We saw great groups with water running down the stocks and foggy scopes. Trusting your NPOA has it''s benefits huh Rayne? Over all I think it worked out, the rain kept it cool without making anyone cold, and we had plenty of good shelter when we wanted it.

Dennis came prepared and showed he had what it took with some small adjustments to his support hand. Someone had been listening the last three Appleseeds he observed.

Carl brought it home, but only after he threw in the towel thinking he wouldn't make it. Sounds like fussing the shot to me. Carl has a great position, excellent trigger control, perfect sling, he just needed to relax and when he did the score came. It will get easier now.

Rayne is completely qualified to explain the concept of fussing too, and why a higher power scope can amplify your movement and actually make you fuss your NPOA. Like a perfect student she followed my advice and left her scope low and shot well, just as well as when she had the scope cranked up. The difference was she she had a better cadence and her shifts were faster and smoother. NPOA only works when you trust it. Her groups are round, they will get smaller with time.

Wayne... Wayne Wayne Wayne. "I like the rain" should be his nick name. Sitting in the down pour because it was easier than trying to get up on both legs, his only comment was "They'realuminum, they won't rust". He didn't complain and stuck it out all day Saturday, Sunday we put up a canopy for him, but he still got soaked. His big hurdle was trying to get a consistent shift with no feet push with. But he brought it home and once he got the hang of it his scores just got better.

Robbie and Timothy. I know they thought they kept a stoic posture and iron face, but i saw the smiles and I saw the dancing. I KNOW they had a good time, I just didn't let on because the game was too fun. next time, I'll get cheers from them. They did a great job enduring the weather and were rewarded for their complete lack of whining with a small cave trip and some fun targets. You guys should thank Rayne for bringing you, it was a treat.

Good weather (really...), good history, and a chance to exercise a few of our BOR in a safe and fun place, what better way to spend Labor Day in America.

Thank you all for coming, and thanks to Anita and Muscatatuck Christian Ranch for having us again.

Yellowhousejake

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

AuntieBellum

I had a BLAST!  Who would've thought that a weekend forecast with monsoon-level rains would turn out to be so AWESOME?!  Our shooters were a joy to work with.  I didn't get to go downrange on Saturday, but all the reports were excellent.  It most certainly showed when we pulled out those AQTs on Sunday.  1 repeat Rifleman, 3 new Riflemen, and 2 more well on their way.  I seriously cannot imagine a better way to spend the weekend.  Shooting, caving, horse back-riding...and all of that COMBINED with the opportunity to re-live the story that started it all.  I really cannot think of a better way to celebrate our Freedom and remind us all as to why we need to continue living that Revolutionary spirit today.  Thank you M.C.R. for always being such gracious hosts.  Until next time...PICTURES!!!

Let's get this thing started.

Our shooters examining their first redcoat target.

Robbie getting some one-on-one with JV.

Timothy shooting under YHJ's watchful eye.

I really think YHJ liked that concrete ledge.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

AuntieBellum

Wayne soaking it all up.

And up close.

Carl working hard to crank out that 210.

A quick break for 500 round pick-up.

The rain did come to greet us.

AuntieBellum

Time for patches!!!

Dennis:

Rayne:

Wayne:

Carl:

Robbie and Timothy:

AuntieBellum

Dennis proudly displaying his new patch.

All together now.

Some after-hours fun.

Calamity

It was an awesome weekend!   1 repeat Rifleman & 3 new Riflemen because of great instructors. The two younger boys, Robbie and Timothy, did a great job too!  I enjoyed getting to hear parts of the history, when I wasn't in the kitchen or otherwise called away!  Can't wait to do it again next month!
who satisfieth thy mouth with good things;so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. Psalms 103:5

'"A girl with a husband can be limited in what she can do. A girl with a rifle ain't got that problem." Calamity Jane

JV

I would have to say this is the most fun i have had working a shoot so far. Thanks to the great people at MCR for being amazing hosts. I wish i had not skipped out on the caving, but i had other places to be. great venue, great people, great (shooting) weather, great weekend. could not think of a better way i could have spent my Labor Day weekend. btw, my pop up is STILL drying.
Quote from: ATM on August 14, 2012, 11:37:57 AM
It does not take a majority of cats to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men and breaking stuff in their houses.

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

R1SGx2

Nice shoot,

The pictures with the smiles tell the whole story.

Remember to dry fire.

Good job by all.....
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."