News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Montrose, IA Sept. 1-2 AAR

Started by Miller, September 01, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miller

Well thanks to the remains of hurricane Isaac we had one of the wettest Saturdays I have ever seen in my brief time on the Appleseed trail. 

Despite the bucket loads of water we had six awakening Americans on the line all day for marksmanship and history. 

Just as soon as I can convince the magic elfs in my camera to transfer the pictures I took to the magic elfs in my computer I post them.

And after the day's instruction...
After the final red coat was perforated...
After the clean up and closing words...

Group photo time.
Shooters and instructors all convoyed down the road a couple of miles to stand for a group photo in front of the marker for Pvt. Cato Mead who wintered at Valley Forge along with the 4th Connecticut.  While not much of Mr. Mead's story has survived I would encourage you all to take a moment to read about the only African-American veteran of the revolution to be buried West of the Mississippi river.

Again, pictures as soon as I can get 'em out of my camera.
Fearful but resolute.

loves2hunt59

Yes Saturday was damp. But Montrose has two covered firing lines so we chose the drier of the pair, moved a couple of dainty little shooting benches and had a dry, cozy if slightly cramped line for six attendees.
Sunday much drier overall. Three attendees returned. Moved to the other firing line for more flexibility.  Quick reveiw then on to npoa drills and AQTs. Marked improvement on final Redcoat.
Rob, Dorcas, and Micah: hope to see you all again for a full two day event in the future.
David (see at TrueBlueSam.com): a little dry fire goes a long way, and you only have a very little way to go to see 210+. Really.
Bea: YOU are an inspiration.  At 82 years young one full day on the line, from all positions, with slow but steady progress! Huzzah.  Then back for a second day of 'adaptive' Appleseed. HUZZAH HUZZAH HUZZAH  Those half your years should show such spirit !!!!!!!!!
Zac: Keep on Keepin' on buddy. Soon your older brothers will be coming to you for marksmanship advice.
Thanks to Miller and borderraid for their work as intructors.
Congrats to  borderraid on his promotion to IIT3.

Miller

Dainty....

Right.
Pull the other one.
It has bells on...
Fearful but resolute.