News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eunice August 25-26,2012

Started by kd5ozj, August 29, 2012, 04:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kd5ozj

Heat and Humidity were the words of the weekend.Rain added to the fun about mid-morning Saturday.Shooters presisted though the weather wore many down quickly.A few shooters were over 200 and will get those patches soon.Thanks to all the shooters who stuck it out.
By the rude bridge that arched the flood,Their flag to April's breeze unfurled,Here once the embattled farmers stood,And fired the shot heard round the world.....Ralph Waldo Emerson         "A shot that goes astray,May just as well been thrown away"....Unknown

LawDog

This one could have been called the "Love Bug 'Seed."  The conditions were a bit of a challenge - rainy and hot on Saturday and just plain hot on Sunday.  The bank clock said 94 on Sunday at 5:00!  But the shooters hung in there.  As soon as I get power back on at home, I will see if I can get some photos posted. 

Thanks to everyone who came out. 

geist pinguin

Glad you guys had a successful event.  Hope to get back on the Appleseed Trail, soon.

TruTenacity

This email is from an attendee at this event.

Shawn

I attended an event Aug. 25th in Eunice LA and I have to tell you that it was AWESOME! It was the hardest thing I HAVE EVER DONE. I am new to rifle shooting. I brought my first rifle just 3 months ago. The instructors were very firm but patient. When they told the 3 Strikes On A Match Story it brought tears to my eyes. One of the instructors brought his young son and he was so knowledgeable. I have to admit I think I was the oldest person out there and knew the least... Thomas shared his information and kind of lead me through what I needed to know. Just wanted to say "Thank You" and that I am telling everyone I know about Appleseed. I hope to be at the next event and so does my son. Keep up the good work and stay true!! 

Jearayne
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9