News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Guntersville, AL August 25-26 2012

Started by DUHON, August 28, 2012, 11:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUHON

First, I would like to thank the Blue and Gray Rifle and Pistol Club for allowing us the use of their range. Secondly, thanks to all of the patriots who got up off the sofa to attend an Appleseed to learn about what those brave early Americans did for their posterity.  They also had an opportunity to receive some of the finest marksmanship instruction going around today. Thanks to Bill, Don, and Ms. Sarah for working your tails off.

There were many young shooters in attendance. ;D They all did such a fine job over the weekend.  O0 I am glad they were able to hear some history about the founding of our nation.  ^:)^

After it was all said and done we had four Rifleman make the score. I can't tell you how proud I am of each and every one of you. Ya'll all worked hard and the targets don't lie. Great improvement guys.  :bow:

Keep checking the Website. Future shoots will be posted shortly.

Check out the pictures below and feel free to comment.

DUHON

DUHON

MadbomberMike

I really want to thank Duhon, Bill, Don, and Ms. Sarah for coming out and making this awesome event happen for all of us. I know my son and I both sure enjoyed it.....even though he didn't stay awake the whole time!  ;D

Keep it up guys, see you at another one!

Mike

R1SGx2

QuoteThere were many young shooters in attendance.
Nice,
QuoteI am glad they were able to hear some history about the founding of our nation.
Even better, there is a great need to understand what our founding fathers wanted Us to have....,,,,

Quotefour Rifleman make the score
Good work, remember to continue to dry fire...,,,

Nice Job by all...
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

DUHON

More pictures coming. Technical difficulties.

DUHON

Here are our four Rifleman. Adam with the 213, David with a 210, Roarke with a 238, and Lizz with a 240 holding a "Shoot like a girl... If you can" hat. Congratulations to all.

sandpine

It was a great weekend!

I'm not sure who has it but can we get the pix of Garrett's proper use of shade & a shoot mat posted here?  :)

Thanks to everyone who came out & the crew that made it happen.

Jeff
Jeff
-
Guntersville - B & G

dond

Indeed it was a great weekend. Thanks to all the shooters for their interest in marksmanship and  history. It was especially gratifying to see such an unusual interest in history. Everyone improved their shooting skills, and four Riflemen was a terrific result. The enthusiasm shown by everyone was truly appreciated by the instructors.

And the invasion of the fireants was offset by the cute little deer who visited with us for awhile.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Ramblin' Wreck

WOW! Some terrific Rifleman scores. Get these folks some orange hats.

For anyone who wants to shoot again soon we have another Appleseed event about 40 miles NE of Guntersville on October 20-21. Look for Rising Fawn, GA on the schedule. Hope to see you there.

Ramblinwreck

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Roarke

I had a great time and really appreciate the instructors and admin staff who ran the event.  I've been spreading the word about the event coming up in Shelby County. 

One question, I'm curious - I wasnt there on Sunday. What kind of rifle was the lady shooting who shot the excellent 240 on her AQT?

Thanks,
Roarke

DUHON

Roarke,

Glad to hear you enjoyed the shoot! Shelby County has a great facility. I am sure you will enjoy it. To answer your question, she was shooting a Ruger 10/22 with a scope and a few extras under the hood. That rifle belongs to Bill. He will be at the Shelby shoot.

See you soon!

Duhon