News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station TX August 25-26 2012 AAR

Started by sleepy Joe, August 28, 2012, 09:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleepy Joe

Here is the report on the College Station event.  We had three preregistered (two of them were my children) participants show up and Tom another shooter that is local to the area.  The day went at a quick pace 3 instructors and 3 shooters helped the line clearing and the course of fire speed up.  It was a safe day with no safety violations.  I gave the First Strike then on to the Red Coat target. Baminal shared the Second Strike at lunch and SNAITF gave the Third Strike.  We shot one AQT not under time, ant two regulation AQTs.   Day two was equally challenging with 4 instructors and 6 shooters.  The weather worked with us, overall it was partly cloudy with the highs in the mid to upper 90's both days.  Thanks to the instructors for helping save our country by volunteering to a program that helps wake up sleeping Americans. Hope to see ya'll on the trail.

Photos coming :pics:
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

:DH:

By the numbers

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

scuzzy

It's nice that things are starting to cool down a bit.

How did your boys shoot?
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

eerob

I was the other registered attendant for the College Station event.

Just wanted to say again that I had a great time, learned so much, and do hope to be back later in the fall to re-engage the AQT.

I had no illusions about showing up and doing "well," but the weekend taught me how much work and practice I'll need to put in to run the gun smoothly, within time limits, and with consistent (and hopefully improving) results.

Thanks for everyone's patience, instruction, and words of wisdom. I won't hesitate to recommend the event to others.

Y'all take care, and look forward to seeing everyone again soon...

sleepy Joe

the boys did well, both of them reached their highest AQT scores, still striving for that rifleman patch
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

here a few more photos
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

still putting up photos
By the numbers

Baminal

A good time, and a lot of sunscreen were had by all  :slap:
The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush.  It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference and undernourishment.
Robert Maynard Hutchins, Educator (1899-1977)

Love you liberty and fight for it like men who know its value.  Once lost, it will never, never be regained.
Capt. Hugh Ledlie (1720-1798)

CaptG

It was really good to be back on the trail. It wasn't too hot, but those gatorades sure went down good. Thanks Joe, Steve and Brett for helping me get back in the swing.
G
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

technoronin

I wish I had gone, but I was still recovering from a birthday and I had just spent the weekend before at Davilla (which was also great).

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Another fun shoot in College Station!

My hat is off to eerob - he drove 7 hours from the Valley to be at our shoot!

Saturday:

Posting the first "Hits Count".

Talking targets.

Testing out a new means of using a USGI loop sling on the AK platform.

Sunday:

Since eerob was our only preregistered shooter we combed the area a found a couple more. Baminal's wife and TomV's wife joined us for Sunday.

Assigning target numbers.

We had uparmored and camo'd grasshopper army in our midst.

Even so, they were no match for the might foot of shooter Logan.

(Logan did scoot up to dress the line)

Since the ammo is cheap I brought along my Chinese Type 53 in 7.62x54R. I gave Jonathan "the Mosin challenge" - 40 rounds on stripper clips to try out on an AQT. >:D

Sadly, he only last 15 rounds. He did do well on Stage 1.

It was good to see sleepy Joe and CaptG back on the line. I missed you both and am very glad to see you back on the line. I thank Baminal for always being there and for the hospitality.

Until next time - DRY FIRE!
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

sleepy Joe

yes dry fire is cheap way of improving you 6 steps
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

it was good to be back on the line
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

here a few more photos
hope to see you at the next history lesson
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

more