News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Working Calendar for Michigan 2013 events

Started by ITB, August 28, 2012, 01:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

Hello all,

We're already starting to talk to some ranges about 2013 dates, so I figured I'd put my insomnia to good use and get this posted.  Other states, feel free to steal to save yourselves some tedium.

To anybody and everybody reading this post - whether you are an Appleseed instructor or an enthusiastic American who enjoyed their Appleseed experience:

If you or someone you know has an idea about a rifle range that might be interested in hosting one of our events, please let us know.

As the Range Development Coordinator for Michigan, Swamp Thing would be more than happy to follow up on any leads that you may have.

You can simply reply to this forum post or send Swampy a PM with any info you have.

Thanks!

ITB and Swamp Thing

Red = Possible/Exploratory
Brown= Tentative
Green = Firm, scheduled and confirmed with host club

Libertyseed events have moved to their own calendar here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=34264.0

January 5-6

January 7
          LibertySeed, HEARTH Homeschool Group, Davison, MI

January 12-13
          Lapeer IBC

January 19-20
          Bellvue

January 26-27

February 2-3

February 9-10

February 16-17
           Bellevue

February 23-24
          Lapeer

March 2-3

March 9-10

March 16-17
          Bellevue

March 21
          LibertySeed - Patrick Henry Dinner, Troy, MI

March 23-24
          Lapeer

March 26
          LibertySeed, SHUR Group, Shelby Twp, MI
          LibertySeed, Kodiak Gun Range, South Bend, IN

March 27
          LibertySeed, Bishop Kelly School-Lapeer

March 30-31  (Easter)

April 6-7

April 8
           LibertySeed, MCRWC, Warren MI
April 13-14

April 20-21 - we want at least 6 events!!!
          Niles, MI, 
          Bellvue
          Fenton

April 27-28
          Lapeer

May 4-5

May 11-12
          Capital Area (Lansing)

May 18-19
          Watervleit

May 25-26 (Memorial Day Weekend)

June 1-2
          Lapeer

June 8-9

June 15-16
          Capital Area (Lansing)

June 22-23
          Gaylord
          Berrien Springs

June 29-30
          Fenton
          Battle Creek

July 6-7
          Lapeer
          Dundee

July 13-14
          Twin Lake

July 20-21
          Fenton
          Houghton Lake
          Bellevue

July 27-28
          Gaylord

August 3-4
          Lapeer

August 10-11

August 17-18
          Houghton Lake

August 24-25 
          Bellevue

August 31- September 1 (Labor Day Weekend)

September 7-8
          Gaylord

September 14-15
          Eaton Rapids

September 21-22
          Fenton

September 28-29
          Lapeer
          Watervleit
          Capital Area (Lansing)

October 5-6

October 12-13
          Houghton Lake

October 19-20
          Niles

October 26-27

November 2-3

November 9-10

November 16-17 
          Lapeer

November 23-24

November 30-December 1 (Thanksgiving weekend)

December 7-8

December 14-15

December 21-22
          Bellvue

December 28-29
          Lapeer

Total number of CONFIRMED shoots: 36
Tentative dates: 2

Goal for 2013: 75+

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Pitmaster

The BORCC Board of Directors has approved an Appleseed for April 20-21, 2013. When paperwork on AS's end is available I will fill it out and have it signed. I can comfortably commit that we will host a minimum of 3 Appleseeds in 2013 and one PicnicSeed.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

alkeford

Very nice Intheburbs and I must say you have some good looking Instroctors up there (pitmaster) lol
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

number6

Hey, Superheat...

Where are the tentative Lapeer Dates?????

Or do you just want to go from blank to green at the end of the month.

number6
You still have a choice. You can still salvage your right to be individuals. Your rights to truth and free thought! Reject this false world of Number Two . . . reject it NOW!!
Number 6, The Prisoner, Episode 11 "A Change of Mind"

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." � Richard Henry Lee, "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic"

"Rifles don't read" YellowHouseJake

"Lots of work?  Yup.  You wanna grow?  Suck it up, cupcake." - SteelThunder

Pitmaster

October 19-20 is confirmed for Niles.

I have reserved and can confirm an AS on July 5-6 which is a Friday/Saturday if we want to have one those dates. We can't do Sunday since there is an IDPA match that day.

I don't know how good those dates would work since they are over a long holiday weekend. The area does get quite a few Illinois folks, but I imagine it may be a hard weekend to draw instructors and help this far.

The BORCC Picnicseed will be August 17.

The above dates are the only ones that are available between April and November.

All I need is new host agreements from AS and I can get them signed and returned. Any idea when they will become available?
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

Rascal21

Shoot dates for Centerline, Bellevue, MI

January 19 &20
February 16 & 17
March 16 & 17
April 20 & 21
July 20 & 21
August 24 & 25
December 21 & 22

:)

number6

New format removed
You still have a choice. You can still salvage your right to be individuals. Your rights to truth and free thought! Reject this false world of Number Two . . . reject it NOW!!

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." � Richard Henry Lee, "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic"

ITB

I have confirmed dates for Fenton.

April 20-21, 2013
June 29-30, 2013
July 20-21, 2013
Sept 21-22, 2013

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

ITB

Tentative dates for Lansing (CASL)

5/11-5/12
6/15-6/16
9/28-9/29

Toobeauku will confirm in a week or so.

IRONSIDES

I noticed, this dates do not have eventbrite set ups.  Are we doing something different in 2013?

Yarnjunky on Ironsides login :)

ITB

Whippet

Self corrected
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

Whippet

iPhone issue on my end...I found it.
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

ITB

Dates for Houghton Lake:

August 17th and 18th     
October 12th and 13th

These two are firm.

One more:

June  15th and 16th  - tentative - waiting for board approval - next meeting Jan 28th.

D.O.M.

Eventbrite still in use (even has a mobile page now) to sign up to work an event, do it from the TIPS page. I'd give links, but I'm on my phone, and if I don't hold my mouth just right, even this won't work!

Quote from: IRONSIDES on December 30, 2012, 01:58:48 PM
I noticed, this dates do not have eventbrite set ups.  Are we doing something different in 2013?

Yarnjunky on Ironsides login :)
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

ITB

Gaylord has firm dates:

May 19-20
July 27-28
Sept 7-8

mac66

Calender is starting to fill up, looks great.

I'll be doing a school seed in another week or two, just trying to get a firm date.
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

Pitmaster

Steel Thunder is about to close on an Appleseed at the Dowagiac Conservation Club. Great reception from them today. He will post IAAR later and I will follow up after. Short version. Great.
Pitmaster

NRA Endowment Member

ITB

New range and date:  Sportsman's Club of Battle Creek - June 29-30

Props to Graywolf for "closing" it.

D.O.M.

Quote from: intheburbs on January 02, 2013, 03:54:38 PM
Firm date for Dundee - July 6-7
I don't see this event here:
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=MI&statename=Michigan
Am I doing something wrong? (the AS site is so big I get lost sometimes...)
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

mac66

The libertyseed calender is here if you want to add it to the main one. Some of them aren't listed.

Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

ITB

Quote from: D.O.M. on April 13, 2013, 07:56:30 PM
Quote from: intheburbs on January 02, 2013, 03:54:38 PM
Firm date for Dundee - July 6-7
I don't see this event here

That would be because the SC didn't send it in to be put it up in Eventbrite.   :wb:  Bad SC.  No cookie.

Good catch.  Thanks.  It should be up within 24 hours.

ITB

Eaton Rapids - one date - Sept 14-15.  Going up on Eventbrite today....

Rascal21

Can we get the date fixed for July on the below calendar? It's actually July 20-21 not 27-28.

Oz

And we have Berrien Springs June 22-23...it is already on Eventbrite, but in case anyone is following this thread looking for awesome places to spend a weekend...   ..:.. 
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

yarnjunky

Hello All,
I am getting ready to update Facebook...Can you verify if there will be an AS in Houghton Lake on June 15-16?
Thanks Much,
Yarnjunky

number6

There is no Eventbrite listing, nor is it on the TIPS site, this would lead me to believe no.

number6

Quote from: yarnjunky on June 05, 2013, 01:22:23 PM
Hello All,
I am getting ready to update Facebook...Can you verify if there will be an AS in Houghton Lake on June 15-16?
Thanks Much,
Yarnjunky

Pitmaster

Great, I want share the Niles AS
July 5-6

Quote from: yarnjunky on June 05, 2013, 01:22:23 PM
Hello All,
Thanks Much,
Yarnjunky
Pitmaster

NRA Endowment Member

yarnjunky

Perfect Pitmaster, I will get it on there.  Thanks Number 6 for verifying Houghton Lake for me.