News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Effingham, IL Aug. 25-26, 2012

Started by 2 clicks low, August 27, 2012, 10:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

Nine shooters showed up on this beautiful range set in the woods. All eager to learn their heritable and marksmanship. Weather on Saturday was perfect. Ran thru the COF with no problems and lots of learning. 2 AQT's but alas no Rifleman.

Sunday Morning a bit of drizzle and humid. Off to an early start with 6 returning shooters ready for more instruction  and AQT's. We did both. They did excellent with 2 new Riflemen:
Bob with a 213 and Kevin with a 211.

Everyone  had a great time and said that they would be back again.

Nailer & RBKL showed me just how great down state instructors are. Thanks for all your help, you made this easy for me.

Pictures below.

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

SteelThunder

I miss Effingham!  I grew up just 45 minutes north of there.  My. Father used to take us for frog legs at the Best Western omnFriday gifts!  A blast from my past!

Good job guys!
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Tornado

Looks like a great event. Congratulations to the new Riflemen. Especially good to see Kevin's persistence pay off with a patch.  O0

Well done to all the shooters, SB, & Instructors!

-Tornado
"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

Buzzbie

I was there.  Thank you to three great instructors who made this a blast.  I will definitely be back.  My wife and daughter also had a good time and we are very appreciative of the individual attention we all received.

I did walk off with two of RBKL's magazines and I need to know how to get them back to her.

M37

O0 Thanks 2 Clicks, The Nailer and wife!  Great time, had lots of fun and appreciate everything you did for all of us!  Tornado, hope you get to feeling better, missed seeing you at this shoot!  Look forward to coming again!  Kevin

RBKL

Good news - we had water when we got home Sunday, bad news, limited internet access.   Hopefully that will be corrected this afternoon and we can get some photos posted.

Congrats again to Bob and Kevin.  David, Alan and Zach, you  are not too far behind.  David, Barb and C (sorry can't remember your daughters name) and Jonathon, pactice your positions find your NPOA and you will be on your way.  Hope to see you on the line again soon.  (Danville?  Clinton?)

It was a great appleseed weekend looking forward to seeing you all agian soon.   David - I will send a PM on suggesions with the magazines. 

2 Clicks - great working with you - hope to see you again soon.

I will try and get photos up soon.

RBKL

The_Tallness

Congratulations, Bob and Kevin!

I will definitely be attending other events in the future. I learned a TON, and the instructors were great.

I really wanted to make it back for the Sunday training, but my very pregnant wife was not feeling well, and I needed to be home to help her with the kids.

I look forward to being a part of this excellent program again in the future!

Thanks!

macmanbob

Sorry to respond so long after the shoot, but we had to move to Hannibal MO soon after the shoot.  Thank you to the instructors for a great weekend of instruction and story telling!  Thank you to the others on the line and the camaraderie we enjoyed.  I have my Rifleman patch proudly sewed to the front of my field pack!!  Thanks again!  bob