News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Glen Helen 8/25 8/26

Started by rrhartley, August 27, 2012, 08:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhartley

It was a great weekend. I truly love the range and the shade of the trees. We had a lot of walk ons and very few sign ups show up, wierd! We had one lady, Cindy Yates, who never shot rifles before and started putting small groups together right away. it was a prelude for Sunday, when we posted the first AQT and she shot Rifelman with a 216. She said she would be back for the Ladyseed next month.

Carlos and McCall retured for another shot at Rifeman, sorry you didn't quite get there.

Dan was putting together some nice groups and I was sure he would shoot Rifelman until his sights starting moving and the rear site fell all of the way off. The second day he tried using a bolt action but I think the time kept getting him.

A special thanks to Ashley (the shot boss) and red hat mom for coming all the way from Las Vegas to run the shoot. There break time stories were very moving and every ear was rivited on their every word.

Chaun, Orange Hat, brought his son for another attempt at Rifelman, close but not yet. Hang in there buddy, you will get there!

I will post pictures in a bit.

Rick

rrhartley

Her are some pictures.

rrhartley

More Pictures.

Psych Doc

O0 Looks like another great weekend at Glen Helen!  O0

TrebleShooter

Awesome shoot you guys!
Congrats to Cindy on her Rifleman Achievement!  I'd love to see you out again next month and I think you'd make an outstanding addition to the Appleseed instructor family.
To those of you that were close and knocking: PERSIST!! Take advantage of the dry practice drills we discussed with you and hit the range with us again.
Thanks to Rick for being the range liason and helping me keep things in line  ~~:)
You did an awesome job at SBIT.
And thanks to my awesome mom, SniperCat for coming along and helping out.
Beautiful shoot!

TrebleShooter

PS:
Nothing like coming home from work to write an AAR and already finding it done  ;)