News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kinderhook, NY Aug 25 & 26, 2012

Started by VietVet, August 27, 2012, 07:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietVet

This past weekend Instructors and Shooters from many different areas of NY converged on Kinderhook and had a very productive Appleseed. The number of Shooters wasn't large (5) but the feedback from all involved was HUGE.

First a big thank you to the Kinderhook Sportsman's Club for hosting this event and preparing lunch for both Instructors and Shooters, both days. Thanks to all the Members who manned the grills. The hospitality and friendship shared by all was outstanding. KSC, you made us feel so at home. We also had several Members just stop by to see what an Appleseed was all about. They were very impressed. Within 15 minutes of the start on Saturday the invitation to "come back anytime" was extended and we surely will take them up on that invite. Beautiful Range, beautiful people. Thanks again KSC. This was the first event held at your Club be assured, we will be back.

To our shooters, what a display of Patriotism. They all hung in there and everyone of them showed remarkable improvement in both Marksmanship and interest in the direction our "Ship" is (sadly) on. If we had buckets to hand out ALL would have taken one right there on the spot. No doubt they're home "bailing", using their own method right now. They got the message....Loud and Clear!

Congrats to our newest Rifleman Jon who scored a 213.
Our repeat Rifleman "Gunny" who scored 238 (twice) 239, well Gunny scored Rifleman on every AQT we shot. He going after the "Perfect 250" and he will make it some day without a doubt. Then he promises to take the Orange Hat but he wants that 250 before he does.

Congrats to Tom for winning our "Fun Shoot'. We shot the couch target and he put 8 out of 10 right into the TV. Surely getting some "Sleeping Americans" off the couch. We awarded him a deck of the RWVA playing cards so he can read about our Forefathers.

Thanks to all our Shooters for hanging in there to the end on both days.
Jon, Tom, Chevett (USMC bound), Jose and Gunny....... well done my friends.

To the Instructors corp who as mention came from all around NYS to help with this event.
Josey wales knocked them off their seats with his comments about waking up America and the First strike.
Little Mo brought emotion to all with his version of the Second Strike.
Smurf finished it off with a spectacular version of the Third Strike which included DOM.
The Mrs kept a professional, watchful eye and was always there when needed to help both Shooters and Instructors where needed.

Team Northeast always on top of their game. Well done and thanks all. You made my job (sitting in my chair) very easy.

I know there's more and I'll post photos ASAP but I'm sure what I left out others will fill in.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

R1SGx2

Photos, the Public demands to see photos...,,,

Reads like a very nice shoot by all from the range / range members to shooters, sweet.

The final chapter is the pictures. Gunny, what sure not to do with him, he plays around that 245 mark keeping you on the edge,,,,,

QuoteCongrats to our newest Rifleman Jon who scored a 213
Nice work,,,

Tom, 8 outta 10, good work, that TV wasn't a flat screen anyway....

Team Northeast on the move,,,,

Good work by all,,, Smurf, he's like underdog, everywhere, and wearing his smile...
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

VietVet

As promised here are some photos. Others to follow........
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

The Mrs.

It was a wonderful NE weekend.  Hot and humid, but that didn't stop our great shooters: Gunny, Chevette, Jose, Tom and Jon never quit.  There were moments of frustration, but with teachable and can do attitudes, all made great strides.

Thanks also to Rich, Nick, Gary &Sean for all your efforts and happily sharing your wealths of knowledge.  It should be mentioned that Rich was hurtin' all day Sunday, but he kept a smile on his face and toughed through it.

Thanks also to Pete and all the great folks at Kinderhook R&G.  It was a very busy place this weekend, between putting together a new Range house, our Appleseed, and from the range we could hear others enjoying the other ranges there.

Now without further ado:  PICTURES  :)
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

n2nzd

Sitting here reading my deck of cards!!  I have to say we could not have asked for more patriotic and dedicated instructors.  Thank you all.   

Josey Wales

..It was a good event, the first of many that will be at Kinderhook, NY..

..Another D.O.M. Thanks for getting this one.............. O0

..n2nzd, thanks for attending the event and for signing up on the forum, it is good to have you!!  We can use good folk like yourself..
  If you live close to Kinderhook you can be our Local Boots on the Ground for future events.. O0

..VietVet, Thanks for all you do..  We are lucky to have a man of your caliber representing our Project Appleseed.. 
               Good Shoot Boss.. Good pictures..

..LittleMo & TheMrs, Thanks for your hard work and your dedication, Good pictures too.......

..Smurf, Great Job on the Sunday rescue squad.......keep up the good work..................

..We must work together, we must remain diligent cause our Country is in peril and our future hangs by a thread.  The time is short for our way of life and once it has eroded it may take a thousand dark years to get back, if ever attainable.  We must wake up our brethren before the ship sinks.  Where is everyone where have they gone? :shootself: ....    I Appeal to Heaven.. God please help us save Liberty..

..........Strength & Honor..........Josey Wales.......................... :---
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Mr.Freedom

Josey Wales, well put my friend. Very inspiring words. As Trace Adkins new song says, "Tough times dont last, but tough people do."
Don't Ever Forget 9/11

I Pray Not For An Easy Life, But That I Become A Strong Person.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph Thomas Paine

LittleMo

Another great weekend for an Appleseed! This is the first time Project Appleseed has been at Kinderhook Sportsmen Club and more to follow. Thank you to the Club for the warm hospitality, and good food! As The Mrs. said, it was very busy at the Club - Appleseed on the rifle range, shooters at the pistol range, and members and contractors putting up the framing for a new clubhouse!

The students showed the eagerness and desire to learn. And learn they did, like drinking from a fire hose! They had the teachable attitudes and improved their shooting skills. Jon did very well by shooting a 213! Gunny shooting the Rifleman score with each AQT and lending advice to the others. Each shooter listened intently to the three strikes on how our great nation was born.

Thank you to Kinderhook Sportsmen Club, the Shoot Boss, the instructors, and a huge thank you to the students!

Gary

p.s. still working on the technical issues of posting pics.
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont