News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Como, MS Aug 25-26 2012

Started by dart67eb, August 27, 2012, 05:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dart67eb

Another great Como shoot!  Saturday started with some rain, but the rest of the weekend was great (for Como, that is!)  We had some great shooters on the line.  One of our youngsters, Luke, shot a 218 and backed it up with a 218 and a 224!  Huzzah!  It must have been a long ride home for his dad :)  Don't ask me how I know these things.  I'm sure dad will get his next time.  He's knocking on the door.  Also, huzzah to Robbie, who earned his patch with a 215!  Everyone else showed marked improvement as was seen by the redcoat targets.  Special thanks to Hornet41 for covering for me when I wasn't there and Haley for showing us how an IIT does it.  Now for the pics!
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

dart67eb

Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

hornet41

The weather was great for Como. Saturday was overcast so we erected canopy's. Sure enough it began raining off and on for a couple of hours. Not enough to create the infamous Como red mud!!!
All attendee's had a great time and soaked up the lessons and history. Dean had installed a new front sight on his mini 14 and struggled with getting it sighted in. He finally wound up shooting some pretty good groups. Daniel found that Sunday his scope bases were working loose on his Ruger 10/22. I advised him that blue loctite is your friend!! He improved through the weekend. Charles AKA Robbie, did well and shot a Rifleman's score Sunday. Pete came with his son's Zach and Luke. Luke was a machine with his 10/22 and scored Rifleman;might I add three times!!!!! Zach stuck with it all weekend and did well. Pete borrowed a 10/22 and was knocking on the door! As EB said, I bet it was a long ride home!!!!
Alex did well and improved a lot.
Now, back to the weather. Sunday dawned somewhat overcast but quickly became sunny and hot! The little rain we got Saturday was gone and then we had to deal with the infamous Como talcum powder dust!! Gets into everything! Everyone was advised to clean their rifles and mags well!! All in all a very good 'Seed!!!
hornet41 AKA 'mo

Oneidabob

Hey this is Rob, first time out at Appleseed, and it was awesome!! Ill be trying to bring everybody I can for the future! Great teachers and a very friendly experience!! Thanks again Mr. Eb, Mo, and Haley!