News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Redmond, August 25/26

Started by Ducko, August 27, 2012, 03:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ducko

We had a great shoot with just about perfect weather on Saturday, but Sunday got alittle windy around lunch time and then calmed down.  We had some minor smoke from the some nearby forest fires, but not enough to slow down our dedicated group of shooters. All the shooters had great teachable attitudes and were a pleasure  to be around.  Congrats to Rob for his repeat Rifleman scores.  Thanks you to Redmond Rod and Gun Club for having us out and letting us use their range.  The tarps on the ground were a great help to keeping the dust down. Check out the photos below.
Ducko
Don't wait, go to the sound of the rifles and get involved! 

We are not to expect to be transported from despotism to Liberty in a feather bed!
Thomas Jefferson

Prescott

I had a great weekend with the patrioict Americans in Redmond.

I would like to thank all the participants that came out this weekend to perfect their marksmanship and reconnect with the heritage of our country.

It is great when we see families on the line, and I want to thank both the Blanchard and Hole families for joining us this last weekend.   I love the prospect of seeing whole families of riflemen!

Brian - I will try to get a sling made up this week or next.   Once you get it, practice dry firing at home and relaxing into the sling.  You need to find your prone position where you are not using any muscles to support yourself.   Precision marksmanship is all about firing from relaxed position.

Dusty, Amy and Heidi - thanks for making the trip to Redmond to join us this weekend.   I am looking forward to seeing you at the upcoming shoots in Springfield.

Mike - I will see you in two weekends at Eagle Creek.  Keep dry fire practicing at home and focusing on the 6 steps to firing the shot. 

Gretchen and Lindsey - you both have the ability to put together great consistent groups.   Once you have more practice shooting AQTs, you both will soon be riflemen!   
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Tracey_B

Thank you Prescott, Theophilus, and Ducko for your time this weekend. Your help was greatly appreciated. The Blanchard family had a blast. Guns and magazines are all cleaned, and practice has begun for the next one. Hope to see you soon. Thanks again!!!

Joni

I have the pictures David took at Redmond and put them in Picasa.

https://picasaweb.google.com/GretaStuff/2012825_RedmondORAppleseedShoot?authkey=Gv1sRgCPO-0Om3_MutxgE

Please feel free to take the ones you want.
Congratulations Riflewoman!!

Snoplop

"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."