News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Munger, MI AAR August 25-26, 2012

Started by IRONSIDES, August 25, 2012, 09:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IRONSIDES

First day was great. Only had seven shooters, but they came with a teachable attitude. The SB requested I post a couple of pics.

Name this song.

She said she's been waiting for a shoot with only 7 shooters forever, Think about who it is and the pics will make sense.

Some more pics.

More to come tomorrow.

Superheat

Is that Ormsby?  And, whats up with the grass?  You guys are going to get soft.

"Don't change your number.   I need to make you mine."

number6

"I think I've got your number"
You still have a choice. You can still salvage your right to be individuals. Your rights to truth and free thought! Reject this false world of Number Two . . . reject it NOW!!
Number 6, The Prisoner, Episode 11 "A Change of Mind"

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." � Richard Henry Lee, "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic"

"Rifles don't read" YellowHouseJake

"Lots of work?  Yup.  You wanna grow?  Suck it up, cupcake." - SteelThunder

IRONSIDES

Quote from: Superheat on August 25, 2012, 10:54:08 PM
Is that Ormsby?  And, whats up with the grass?  You guys are going to get soft.

"Don't change your number.   I need to make you mine."

Yep, Ormsby made it and he's doing well.

liberty junkie

A few pics from today's action:
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
"If a nation expects to be ignorant & free, in a state of civilisation, it expects what never was & never will be."  Thomas Jefferson

liberty junkie

try again...

<cannot figure out how to edit/delete previous post>
"If a nation expects to be ignorant & free, in a state of civilisation, it expects what never was & never will be."  Thomas Jefferson

liberty junkie

Had a great Appleseed event in Munger - beautiful weather, a great group of participants, and fantastic staff!  Thankfully the facility kept shade within reach for everyone's comfort.  We all learned from great shooters.  Even had some of the local life enter the scene to test the staff who did a great job keeping the situation safe and calm.     ;)

A huge "THANK YOU" to the volunteers who made the event a lot of fun for all of us!

codeMonkey

This was a great shoot for me. I didn't hit rifleman (which was my goal), but I know it's highly reachable. Thanks to all the instructors that were there for their very helpful attitude!
"The tyrant always talks as if he's preserving the best interests of his people when he actually acts to undermine them." - Ramman Kenoun

IRONSIDES

Here is Waveman's target (attention Superheat).

yarnjunky

$$-0

Graywolf

What a fantastic time we had in Munger!  Only 7 shooters, all of them came ready to shoot and learn.  Neither the weather nor the dog wandering across onto the range during the 4th stage of the AQT held them back.  It was all taken in good humor and their enthusiasm stayed high.  Everyone's skills improved measurably and I heard several times "this stuff works!"   The range was great - shaded and grass covered - it doesn't get any better than that!  Here's hoping we have many more shoots at Munger!
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Miki

WOW, just WOW! What a weekend. The shooters were attentive and inquisitive. They soaked up the history and some even took notes! They even asked for more stories after the Sunday 'Appleseed Afternoon Theater' presentation.

They also soaked up the marksmanship instruction and we saw their groups shrink and shrink and shrink some more. Although only Waveman reconfirmed his rifleman status (congrats), there were many knocking on the door. I truly believe with a tad of dry fire practice at home they will return to another Appleseed and not just score rifleman, they are going to beat that door down with a battering ram!

One interesting observation is there was initially a boatload of cross firing. Once the shooters realized how small an NOPA adjustment it took to get to the next target that lessened considerably.

A special thanks to liberty junkie for adding his extra eyes on the woods to make sure we did not have an unfortunate incident with the doggie.

A gianormous thank you to Scott and Larry from the Linden Bay Sportsman's Club for being there for us the entire weekend! These two guys showed up at the crack of dawn on Saturday to build target carriers for us to use! They are the definition of gracious hosts.

Also, thanks to the Linden Bay Sportsman's Club for hosting this Appleseed. You have an amazing facility! Too bad I don't live closer. Don't be surprised if you see me show up to shoot a few of your CMP matches. I don't live that close, but; I'm not THAT far away.

I had a great time this weekend and thank each and every one of you, shooters and instructors alike for making this so much fun for me.

Respectfully,

Miki