News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SACRAMENTO, CA AUG 18-19----AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, August 22, 2012, 01:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

It was another awesome event at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center.  Temps were not as hot as the July event was which helped a great deal.

23 Americans came out on Saturday to begin their Appleseed experience.

After the safety briefing, we turned on the fire hose of information.  As the shooters absorbed the information presented the group sizes began to shrink.  A few returning shooters began putting the pieces together and showing that it can be done.

We broke for lunch and the Strikes were presented by Dani'O, Lagboy and PinBreaker.  Great job folks.

After lunch, it was back to the fire hose!

Late in the afternoon we posted the first AQT,  Will and Larry  proved that all that instruction did really work!  Larry, a returning Appleseeder, posted a  214 and Will also posted a nice 222.

We had a nice group of youth on the line and at the end of the day I presented them with the young patriot patch.  Remember folks....they are your Posterity! 

Presented Riflemen patches to Will and Larry.  Great Job guys!!

Sunday started out nice and cool, but warmed up quickly.  We reminded shooters to hydrate.

The fire hose of review was turned back on and away we went.  Group sizes continued to shrink and much progress was made.

We broke for lunch and shared the Dangerous Old Men and the Determined (and Dangerous) Dames. 

The first AQT was posted after lunch and Scott, another returning Appleseeder put the pieces together and posted a 219.  David, decided he was a bit warm and needed a bath so he posted a 210 and was "Baptized by the Waters of the North Bridge" (ok just a bottle of water) by Missy!!  Larry went on to prove that yesterday's score was no fluke and that he did know what he was about with a 210.  Scott also proved he knew what he was about with 3 more scores...232, 229 and 231.  David came back with a 225. 

We ended this event with 4 new riflemen.

Many thanks to all those who stayed and helped us tear down.

MANY, MANY THANKS TO MY INSTRUCTORS.  I COULDN'T DO THIS WITHOUT YOU!!

Missy

Thanks Laurie! We sure do love having you come down here to help us  ^:)^

eaglescouter

Thank you to both the instructors and the participants, you were both amazing to work with.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Lagboy

I must concur with Missy, I too enjoy having the yall rebluffers coming down to sac.

here is a pic of a drenched david. I didnt take too many pictures since pinbreaker was taking shots with had his fancy camera.

PB thats your queue to post em up.  ;D

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
-Sir Winston Churchill

PinBreaker

Photos are here.  As always, if you want the full resolution version, just PM me and I'll get it to you.

PinBreaker

More...

PinBreaker

And More...

NorCal22Gal

Awesome pics as always Pinbreaker :bow:....Lagboy you really need to get a bit more enthusiasm for that Garand!!!  **)