News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Clermont FL Aug 11/12

Started by willorith, August 20, 2012, 11:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willorith

A wonderful event in the hot FL sun. 14 shooters on the line Saturday morning.

Did you here the one about the Korean immigrant that went to Florida Law and then went to an Appleseed? He shot a 222 on Saturday of his first event! Very nice work, Jerry!

Saturday revealed another Rifleman residing within Peter, a young man headed for Parris Island. The Marines are in for a surprise when this young man steps to the line.  His Friend, Michael, will accompany him to Boot Camp. They are departing on the adventure called life. Michael did not shoot quite as well as Peter. However, with the foundation of marksmanship established, he will rapidly come up to speed, and please the USMC.

Old Sol rose over 4 shooters on the line at Clermont Sunday morning. While his rays were still warming our backs to the East, Thomas Shot a 222, and backed it up with a 224. Good thing, he had to leave early due to family responsibilities. Thomas has been on my line before, and promised to take up the orange hat at the next Clermont event.

Travis, AKA Elvis, made us work for our last Rifleman badge. He started off Saturday shooting am M1 Carbine, the first I've ever seen on the line. He did some fine work with it too. He changed it up with a switch to an M14 LTR (?) out of the Shoot Boss' safe. Did some good work with that while sighting in my new scope for me. Sunday afternoon brought him to my personal 10-22, which he used to throw up a 215. That is 6 Riflemen chalked up to that little rifle.

The Photo shows the "Yellow Footprints" at Parris Island that are the first steps young recruits take toward becoming Marines. More than once young men have stepped to my line on their way to the USMC. I thank God and Fred that I am blessed with the opportunity and the skill to help them become Riflemen. I am sure every Shoot Boss in the system has similar experiences and feelings.   
We are but human.

willorith

I would be slacking even more than usual If I didn't mention Peter's brother, Michael's girlfriend, Carmen, who posted a 178 shooting only Saturday at her first Appleseed event. Very impressive Carmen!
We are but human.

Sly223

Great job crew,
This event was very successful! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!