News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manheim Aug. 18-19

Started by SSG Platz, August 19, 2012, 08:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSG Platz

Manheim was fantastic this weekend, it was defiantly a great weekend to have a Clinic. The weather was cool and breazy and the sun was shining. We had six students this weekend, and many more audience members at any given time, I would say around 15.  Five of them even came all the way from Germany.
All students but three were returning Riflemen, and everyone said they had a fantastic time. We ended up with a new Orange hat, Steve, who is chomping at the bit to jump right in.

We ended the weekend with One new Rifleman, Congradulations Larry scoring a 235, and two new entries into the coveted 1st PA. Rifles.

Please excuse the lack of pictures, Mal was photographer this weekend, and as soon as he posts them you will see all the fun everyone had.

~PlatzOut~
Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and loard if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Padawan

This was my first AS and I did have a blast.
The instructors Alex ,Gary and Mal had their act together and knew what they were about.
Wish I could have made the second day because I still have some AS goals that I would like to meet.
I want to score with a bolt gun and with Iron sights.

At the moment I am a little reluctant to spend the money on the iron sights that I am afraid I will never use again.
Once I feel I truly have the skills I would be trying to teach I may look into the rewards that instructing offers.

Thanks again Roverace, SSG Platz and MAL!

Larry
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not shoot, The courage to shoot the things I can and the wisdom to dope the wind.

SSG Platz

Keep up the good work Lary, Look forward to seeing you again

~PlatzOut~

PS... Still waiting on Mal to post the pics  :P
Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and loard if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

mal

Sorry for the delay in the pics.  Wife was on me as soon as I got home to pack for vacation & it slipped my mind.

Without further adieu,

Class of Aug2012 (from left to right):
Larry, Greg, Andy, RoverAce, Austin, Michael, Stephen & SSG Platz.
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Larry cleaning the redcoat (nice!) as well as shooting Rifleman with a 243 (very nice!).
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Stephen also cleaning the redcoat, earning the Pennsylvania First Rifles Patch.  Congrats!

He also has accepted an orange hat.  Thank you very much for stepping up to help Appleseed as well as your future efforts!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

SSG Platz

Thanks for all your help this past weekend Mal, 2 down one more to go!

~PlatzOut~

R1SGx2

Wow, sounds like a nice weekend waiting to see the pictures.

Stephen, nice work, also thank you for accepting a Orange Hat - we need the help.

Larry, Sweet cleaning the red coat, no flyers,,, Nice work.

SSG Platz / Mal   O0 O0 O0
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."