News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Augusta, GA August 11 & 12

Started by kestak, August 16, 2012, 09:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kestak

Augusta, GA  August 11 & 12

Shoot Boss: Taz
SBIT: Kestak
Instructors: IronMantis
IITs: BrianF, DNG
Instructor Promotions: BrianF IIT4, DNG IIT2
New Orange Hats: Warp
Total Attendance:    Saturday:    11   Sunday:    4   # of individual participants:    11
Riflemen:   New:   1   Re-qualify:   1

The Good: Good group of Shooters Saturday. It was the biggest group we had in one year at Augusta. We saw improvement in all shooters. It was a tremendous group. Everyone was fun to work with and we had a great time as most of the Appleseeds events. It was not too hot, not too cold. For August in Augusta, the temperature was great.

The Bad: We had 3 huge rains storms that lasted 20-40 minutes. We had to stop the shoot at that time and do instruction or History. We made the rain works for us. In fact, it was well timed breaks from the line for the shooters.

Great Shoot!
Thank you

TAZDevil

Good:  shooting line is covered

Bad:  the whole range isn't covered - just joking

rain was so hard that it was hard to hear the instruction and History.

Thank you - all htose students who participated

TAZDevil
"An Englishman's home is his castle" Jason Russell

"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it."  John Adams

brianf31

The shooters had great attitudes, especially considering some were lying in an inch of water! I've never seen a shooting mat float away before but I came close ;D

Congrats to Courtney on her rifleman score and to Nathan on his re-qualify!
"Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit -- appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free."

― Joseph Warren

DrJohn

The torrential downpour Saturday would have given pause to many people, but we never heard a word of complaint from our gallant students. As a matter of fact, everyone was literally drenched and the targets had become so wet they were difficult to retrieve. The cardboard backers had to be replaced because they were too soft to hold staples or push pins, and still our brave students persisted. Congratulations to them and to Kestak for improvising and adapting to very trying conditions. I hope you all continue to dry fire on a regular basis, and that we see you all again at an Appleseed event very soon. Huzza!
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

TheIronMantis

I have a photo to share.  Sorry it is a little blurry.

Warp

A couple pictures. It takes more than a little rain to stop an Appleseed. :)