News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ladyseed - Idaho, Lewiston - August 11-12

Started by TruTenacity, August 13, 2012, 09:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruTenacity

Thank you, Lewis-Clark Wildlife Club, for hosting the Ladyseed event this past weekend.  You are super hosts.  Chef Bob's burgers can't be beat.

I wish to thank you all for giving up your weekend at home to be with us and to allow us the opportunity to teach you rifle marksmanship and American Heritage.   All but two of you were first time attendees.  By the looks of your last Red Coat your attentiveness to our instruction paid off.  You were a great group to be with and your emulation of the true spirit of patriotic liberty and your love for your heritage was encouraging.

CariJean, thank you for bringing a couple friends.  It was fun to witness Megan's first trigger squeeze.  We're glad you ended your weekend on a good note by being happy with your Red Coat to prove you were able to assimilate what we were teaching.  Relax, CariJean.  Relax.  We'll see you in CdA in a few months.

Lisa, you did a fabulous job all weekend hanging in there and overcoming some frustrating equipment issues.  Your cheerfulness was a joy.  I look forward to seeing you in a few months, too.

Hey, Zakariasen gals.  We sure wish illness hadn't cut short your time with us.  We look forward to having you join us again.

Starla and KT and Stacy, you were a hoot to instruct.  Starla, your groups were coming together.  It was evident you were pulling it all together in order to do very well on two rapid-fire AQTS.  KT, shooting for the first time on Wednesday before this weekend, you impressed us.  You are quite the steady shooter as well as a sponge when it comes to absorbing the instruction.  Mighty nice groups, KT.  Stacy, you seem to have caught the bug!  Nice way to hang in there.  You'll pull it all together soon.  (How about that 88 click scope adjustment!  Inches-Minutes-Clicks really works.)

Necee, what a surprise!  It was great to finally meet you.  You are so fun to watch shoot.  Thanks for letting me have others watch you shoot, too.  Sometimes a visual example is all it takes to understand some of the points of instruction.  I couldn't have asked for a better model.

Until next time, remember to dryfire, remember to expand your knowledge of and embrace even more your heritage, and don't forget to 7th step by sharing your experience with others.

Here is just a glimpse of the event.  Many more pictures will be posted a bit later this week as time permits.

Kezia, our house guest from Missouri, pulled it together rather quickly.

An awesome mother, daughter and friend team!

See, we told you!

KT

Our youngest shooter, Siri.

Feel free to post a reply and share your experience with us.

(Facebook photo album: Lewiston, ID - Ladyseed - August 11-12, 2012)
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

TruTenacity

Evenstar is a bit busy so I took over posting her pictures.  I'm certain she'll post a few words when she has time.
Ready?    :pop:

Amy explaining the Red Coat

Seeing how everyone did first thing on Saturday

Heather demonstrating sling usage

Attentive students

Leslie explaining 6 steps of firing a shot

Receiving instruction

Lisa

CariJean

Necee

Ilie

Megan

Stacy

Checking targets

Star

Necee

Ball & Dummy drill

Happy faces come mid-day on Sunday

Notes are a good thing

Time for KD

Scoring the last AQT targets
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Necee

This shoot was so fun!!!  Thanks to all the ladies that were there.  The instructors were AWESOME and the other shooters were so fun to spend the weekend with :)  The range was great- as was lunch both days!  Thanks Bob  O0

I loved getting to take the chance and spend sometime shooting my rifle instead of just my camera ;)  It was great to be reminded of what I was supposed to be doing and need to work on getting it to stick in my head ;) 

I also really LOVE to watch people with/with out any experience improve and enjoy their time out on the range.  The extent that everyone listened to and enjoyed the history is also a comfort.   Hope to see more of you back on the trail!!

So great to meet all the folks I have 'visited' with on the forum for so long was also plus!  Hope to get to see you all again!!