News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Decorah, Iowa - 11,12 August

Started by IXOYE, August 13, 2012, 05:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

Thanks to everyone for coming out! We had perfect weather on Saturday. It was a little cooler with a few light showers on Sunday. It was great to see the number of instructors in training working on their advancement criteria.

Most improved award goes to Maddie! Great job girl!

I'll post some pictures in a day or two when I get them off my camera.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

JOEMORGAN

Deb and myself had a wonderful time on Sunday. It was a pleasure transitioning in the rain and mud with Alex, Cooper, and Rex. Also thanks to the hosts Chase the Adventure....what a cool place! Deb's knocking on the RM door...she says she's going to knock it down soon.

Thanks again  Mike(JOEMORGAN)
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

Cooper

Strange to have an Appleseed event at Decorah and not have Greg and at least one of his sons there...

However, we had other attentive and quickly learning folks both days!

thanks to all, including Dale from Chase The Adventure!

Cooper and Jackie the Rifledog
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Cooper

And one from the "camera camera" before the batteries promptly died...
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

jelling

Thanks to everyone for the shoot on Saturday!  I wish we could have came back on Sunday.  The time the instructors spent with my daughter, Maddie, is greatly appreciated.  Rex, I think you made a friend for life.  To watch her go from shooting 16" groups to 3" groups made me proud!  She was correcting me all day Sunday on the "6 steps".  We are looking for another shoot yet this fall.  Its amazing what a young skull of mush retains and how well she listens to someone other than Dad.
John

IXOYE

I finally got my pictures off my camera. Sorry it took so long. I had issues with my computer. I'll group pictures in separate posts in order to keep the attachment size down. Here are the first four.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

IXOYE

More Pictures!

IXOYE

Last group of pictures.

mac3647

Consider sharing the event on Face Book at     https://www.facebook.com/pages/Project-Appleseed-IOWA/286241294746918
and spread the word of Appleseed even further. 
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"  Thomas Jefferson

DebH

Thanks to everyone in Decorah.  It took me awhile to get my forum stuff set up.  I appreciated all the help and instruction I received.  Hopefully soon, I will attain my Rifleman Patch.