News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

C'mon Washington

Started by Wheeler44, June 27, 2008, 12:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheUpsetter

Hey there Whittyman, welcome to the forum.

What part of Washington are you in? 

There is a shoot this weekend in Castle Rock and another in the works for January in Monroe.  Sign up for one and come on out, you'll have a great time. 

If you have any questions about how to prep, what or whom to bring, or anything else, please hit me up with a Personal Message on the forum here, or through this thread.

Glad you found Appleseed.

_TheUpsetter
"When matters are done leisurely, seven out of ten of them will turn out badly.  A warrior is a person who does things quickly." - Hagakure

mjolnir

I really hope I can make it to a shoot.  Severely underemployed, so don't know.  Plus side, I have at least done some shooting, so I know which end of the weapon to hang onto, and which end to keep pointed where it needs to go.

Shooter15

I'm near the ID Border in Garfield, WA We have a gun club with a range.  Ya'll had an event here last AUG 2009. I'll see if A/S can use it again if you want.
"When the first amendment fails, the second amendment won't" Micheal Badnarik

patronus of licentia

Hi all,

My name is mike, I reside in Spokane area and now that I am finally a Rifleman will see what I can get going in Spokane area. Went to the Coure d lane shoot last year and see that the current one is sold out again. I know that we could fill a Spokane one with no problem. I am a member at the Spokane Rifle club but it seems to be a non-starter there I am only a member because I drive by it everyday. I will be working on a couple of private land owners to see if I can get one going there. I know Actieon lives in this area is there anyone else who would be willing to double or triple team some of the area ranges to see if that brings in better results.

Mike
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Ben Franklin
"Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he then be trusted with the government of others?"
Thomas Jefferson

SC THor~

Hey Folks, new here. Tacoma Area. Anybody else around? O0

Son-of-1775

Looks like this is the place to be! I am a life long gunner and 2nd amendment activist with a big interest in riflery, reloading and all things weapons related. My handle refers to one on my ancestors who died from wounds got on Lexington Green after firing on the redcoats

I'm in Lacey. My wife has AR15s and we both have 10/22s, but right now I'm building her a new, modern CAR15 for Appleseed/self defense. As soon as I get it finished we will attend. I'm getting her ready now with 25 yard shooting with her 10/22

Does everyone here know that Pe Ell has a 500 yard rifle range? Has anyone here contacted them?

http://www.plsportsmensclub.com/
"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. ... Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible instrument of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American" Tench Coxe 1788.

rustedangel

I just heard about the appleseed project, and I'm planning on attending the 9/11-9/12 October 23rd/24th [I forgot a previous engagement on my first post] shoot at Castle Rock. My roommate is quite interested in coming out as well. I don't know anything about firearms or shooting rifles accurately, so I should learn plenty at the event. I will review the advice on the forum sticky's before I come out as well.

a7u

I live in Seattle. My 1st AS shoot is at Coeur d'Alene Oct. 16-17. I have an old 10/22 I am equipping as a LTR and I am bringing my Garand too in case I get a chance to shoot at longer ranges on Sunday.

If anyone is interested in getting a Garand or Kimber .22 from the CMP, it's a great deal and a great idea. Their .30-'06 military ammo is 50 cents per round - it's not so good for hunting but great to feed a Garand, Eddystone, or Springfield.

I hope to see more shoots near me and meet others in Washington.

Mike

06en

2 AS are schedualed in Yakima /Moxee. 1 in November & another in December.

Quote from: a7u on September 26, 2010, 03:56:57 PM
I live in Seattle. My 1st AS shoot is at Coeur d'Alene Oct. 16-17. I have an old 10/22 I am equipping as a LTR and I am bringing my Garand too in case I get a chance to shoot at longer ranges on Sunday.

If anyone is interested in getting a Garand or Kimber .22 from the CMP, it's a great deal and a great idea. Their .30-'06 military ammo is 50 cents per round - it's not so good for hunting but great to feed a Garand, Eddystone, or Springfield.

I hope to see more shoots near me and meet others in Washington.

Mike

a7u

Quote from: 06en on September 27, 2010, 08:02:47 PM
2 AS are schedualed in Yakima /Moxee. 1 in November & another in December.

That's good and I will probably need to attend at least one 'cuz I doubt I'm going to shoot 210 in my first AS.

06en

:sos: Bringing this thread back again. We need one, that's 1 more shoot in Washington state before the end of the year 2010 to double last years 2009 shoots. As long as it doesn't run contrary to my set schedual this year, I pre-volunteer to help instruct. Set us up a range folks. 25 meters is pefect. If it can only handle 15 to 20 shooters, fine. "C'mon Washington" is right! Let's get it done. O0

colycat

It might have to be you, O6en.

Find the range and get it set up.  PM Savage Shooter if you need some help.

Get'er done O0
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

06en

Quote from: colycat on October 16, 2010, 12:24:45 AM
It might have to be you, O6en.

Find the range and get it set up.  PM Savage Shooter if you need some help.

Get'er done O0

Just got 2 Winterseed shoots schedualed in Central WA and running all the promotions for them, plus I'm doing a table at a gun show (and apparently working it solo) the weekend before the Nov 20-21 shoot. If I thought for a second I could fit the time in to get another schedualed I would already be on it. :cool2:

Wade

Quote from: Son-of-1775 on April 22, 2010, 05:11:04 PM
Looks like this is the place to be! I am a life long gunner and 2nd amendment activist with a big interest in riflery, reloading and all things weapons related. My handle refers to one on my ancestors who died from wounds got on Lexington Green after firing on the redcoats

I'm in Lacey. My wife has AR15s and we both have 10/22s, but right now I'm building her a new, modern CAR15 for Appleseed/self defense. As soon as I get it finished we will attend. I'm getting her ready now with 25 yard shooting with her 10/22

Does everyone here know that Pe Ell has a 500 yard rifle range? Has anyone here contacted them?

http://www.plsportsmensclub.com/
Sorry to say that my contact with them has been spotty at best,,,my work takes me away from home  for weeks at a time .

Advise trying to get Gary there VP to go to one.
Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !