News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cannonsburg, KY, Aug. 11-12, 2012

Started by Unbridled Liberty, August 12, 2012, 11:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbridled Liberty

Thanks to our shooters: Vickie, Grant, Keith, Brandon and Jeremy for coming out and learning about our heritage and rifle marksmanship.  And thanks especially to Grant, who was our BOTG and sponsoring host club member that made this shoot happen!  O0  It was an absolutely glorious weekend to be outside!   

Congratulations to PorkChop, Kentucky's newest Rifle(wo)man!  ^:)^ (Pictures forthcoming ASAP).  Keith was shooting 205 and will be a Rifleman soon.  Grant was shooting at Sharpshooter level and with practice you too will make Rifleman.  Two words: dry practice. 

Thank you Edheler for coming from PA to help us out.  Your presence was a blessing to this Shoot Boss.  :bow:  Also thanks to JB whose unexpected appearance was much appreciated on Saturday.  Please stay on the trail! 

We had a number of visitors an Saturday and a few on Sunday which gave us opportunities to 7th step.  Hopefully we generated some interest which will translate to future attendance.  I'm also hopeful we will be able to shoot out to the 500 yard berm next time!  Grant, let's start planning the next shoot there!  That's all for now, I just wanted to get this up tonight.  I encourage you all to post up about your experience.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

measure_up

I would like to tell everyone what a wonderful experience I had at my first Appleseed event.  The instructors were very knowledgeable and were extremely helpful to me and all shooters at the event.  I enjoyed the history lessons and back stories to April 19, 1775.  While I didn't quite achieve the Rifleman score I wanted, there was drastic improvement from first target to last, and that is mostly an affirmation of the knowledge and teaching skills of the instructors.

I would also echo UL's thanks to Grant for getting the ball rolling with the range.

The whole weekend was great, it has inspired me to spread the word about Appleseed and be a better steward of the Liberty that so many have sacrificed so much to give me and others so many opportunities in life that we often take for granted.

Keith

PorkChop

This was my first Appleseed and I had a blast!  It was so much more than I expected. I have bragged to everyone on the knowledge of our instructors, especially UL and Mike.  I cant wait for my next shoot.  I hope we can get a winter shoot going because I want that patch!  I truly did come out with a greater appreciation for the freedoms we all have.  I'm very proud to be an American. 

Keith, thanks for partnering with me for the "ball and dummy" exercises, I work with Grant enough throughout the week!  Keep in touch and maybe we can meet up at another Appleseed!

UL and Mike, I want to give a special thank you for all the knowledge and training you guys brought to the table.  Anything you need to help with things, just shoot me a message!

~PorkChop~ 
"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt."
Samuel Adams, essay in The Public Advertiser, 1749

Edheler

What a great range, weather and shooters! Keith, I am sure you will make rifleman soon, keep at it and the patch will be yours. It took me 4 Appleseeds to finally get mine after scoring 207, 206, 208 in my first three! PorkChop, it is rare for someone to make riflewoman at their first Appleseed and it is even rarer to make it on the last AQT on Sunday afternoon -- congratulations! Grant, you know what you need to do! ;) I am sure I will be back given how close the range is to my sisters house and I look forward to ringing steel at 500 in the future! (I will bring the steel, if necessary!)

This post needs pictures, so attached are the ones I took. (If anyone wants full resolution copies, send me a PM.) I need to get into the habit of taking more.

PorkChop

Here are my pics from the weekend.  I wish I could have gotten more!
"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt."
Samuel Adams, essay in The Public Advertiser, 1749

Rack Ops

What a great weekend!

I can't say enough how impressed I was with the Appleseed organization in general, and our instructors in particular.  My hat is off to them for donating their time and expertise to us.

I'm already working on trying to set something up for the fall or maybe winter, so keep spreading the word. 

Grant