News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rainbow California August 4-5 2012 After Action Report

Started by 4Posterity, August 06, 2012, 12:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4Posterity

Move along folks, nothing here to see....................yet!

Here is a placeholder for the After Action Report for this weekend's Rainbow California Appleseed Event.  Gotta unload
my truck for work tomorrow and then will post some details of the event.

Feel free to post your own thoughts in the mean time!

Mark
To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

Calvin Coolidge

StormNSheri

Thank you to all attendee's who staying through the triple degree heat. Here is part 1 of 2 of the pictures.

4Posterity

This weekend we had an excellent if somewhat warm and humid Appleseed event.   On Saturday we had 5 folks show up for the event, with a mix of returning and new participants.  With 4 instructors on hand, we saw a lot of one-on-one instruction and coaching throughout the day.  The morning went well, with clear progress seen across the board.

At noon-time we retreated to the man-made shade (Thanks Stormn for all the canopies) for some welcome relief from the sun and humidity.  We had a nice time relating the story of April 19th, 1775.  It was rewarding to see our students really getting into the history.  Even had a couple of them up on the edges of their seats a couple of times. 

Back out into the sun for the afternoon's instruction.  With a smallish group we moved smartly through the course of instruction, finishing up the day with an AQT and Redcoat. 

Sunday arrived even warmer than Saturday.  We had all of the Saturday crowd return, along with 7 additional folks.  As is often the case a big part of our crowd came from the area's German Shepherd Rescue Society (group, organization?).  They are regulars, way into the program and always a whole lot of fun to work with.  Sharon was out for her first time, and 502_Giirl and JShoebot spent the morning bringing her up to speed with the Saturday Morning instruction.

After the morning review of marksmanship skills we started in on the AQTs, seeing some respectable scores.

Lunch time, and again we fled under shelter for a well-earned break from the sun.  Stormn, boxcutter305 and Jshoebot did a nice job with the stories of the "Dangerous Old Men", with a few other tales for good measure.

After lunch it was back into the Sun and back in pursuit of improvement.

Mark posted a series of rifleman-qualifying scores, reinforcing his qualifying performance at a previous Appleseed.  Marian put up a nice Sharpshooter score as well.  Jeremy and the other Andrew also put up some nice scores, but didn't share their targets or scores, so we'll leave it at "they looked impressive".  Veronica keeps improving, and was knocking at the rifleman's door as well.  Woody was looking good until his equipment failed him, but will undoubtedly be
back at another event in pursuit of his patch.  Long was in a similar boat.  Nice progress and polishing of skills, but equipment issues and the heat conspired to stop him short of his goal of becoming a Rifleman.  I'm sure we will see Long back soon as well.

Titus appeared to have a fun weekend alongside his Dad Steve.  He made good improvement throughout the weekend,and will also surely be back with Steve at future events. He was also our Luther Blanchard honoree for the weekend.  Way to go "T"!

During the day Sunday Mark Ernst approached me about becoming an RWVA instructor.  Mark has shown his marksmanship skills, and definitely appears to have the heart of a Revolutionary War Veteran and Appleseed Instructor.  At the end of the day Mark received his Orange Hat and joined the ranks of our IITs.  Congratulation Mark and welcome to the program!  We are glad to have you and I look forward to working with you on the line.

Thanks to Stormn, StormnSheri, Jshoebot, Michael, boxcutter3005 and 502_Giirl for the excellent effort this weekend!  You just could not ask for a better group of folks to work with!

StormnSheri took photos which I'm sure she will be posting soon.

Thanks again to all or our attendees!  You were the best and made working the event a pleasure!

To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

Calvin Coolidge

StormNSheri

Here is the balance of the pictures, I look forward to seeing you all again.

jshoebot

As always, I'm proud to be in cahoots with the rest of the San Diego RWVA cadre!  It was a great weekend, and I'm proud to have been able to assist everybody in polishing their skills.  Looking forward to next time!  Here are the pictures I was able to take with my cell phone:

It seems like people always shoot 48s and 49s on the first stage, but this is the first solid 50 I've ever seen!

And here are some shooters having their first experience with the engineering wonder that is the M1A/M14:

Liberty or death.

"If you want government to intervene domestically, you're a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you're a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you're a moderate. If you don't want government to intervene anywhere, you're an extremist."

Johnnyappleseed

triple digit heat ,persisitance , and folks honoring those who paid such a price for our liberties !
great job all  O0
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

StormN

I just wanted say Thank You to all that attended and braved the sweltering heat. Many of you made great progress despite the heat and equipment issues. Practice those transition stages at home, find a "sitting" position that works for you, than practice that for a few minutes a day. Those of you having 10/22 issues I would be happy to make recommendations for improvements. I hope to see you all at another shoot and be sure to 7th step. Bring someone new to shooting to the next shoot. Norm
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

BCNdrew

I'd like to say a big thank you again to all of the volunteers that helped out at this event.  I had a great experience.....  good people, great instruction, interesting discussions, and so on.   I hope to see you all again in October!

Woodman

Big thanks to the RWVA volunteers for a great event!  Sharon and I will both see you in Oct.

Woody

Legacy

On behalf of Rainbow Range, thanks to all the instructors & students for another great shoot, despite the heat! Disappointed that I missed it. Looking forward to October, which already shows as sold out! Appleseed is Rockin' at Rainbow!  ^:)^

Debby
Remember their sacrifice. Celebrate our liberty. Cherish your freedom.