News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

..Indian Lake, NY July 28/29, 2012..

Started by Josey Wales, July 31, 2012, 10:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josey Wales

..Indian Lake, New York is a beautiful quaint town nestled in the heart if the Adirondack Park.  Indian Lake / Blue Mountain Fish & Game Association Inc. is the Town Range.  I have been going up to Indian Lake for about 10 years now every November to hunt and just be in the woods.  I have been a member of the range for about 4 years.  When I set up and envisioned a Project Appleseed shoot at this club I really thought to myself, build it and they will come.  How could they not.  Look at this place it is stunning, to the outdoorsman it is heaven on earth.  Really, who could resist shooting and learning about the birth of our Nation in the heart of the Adirondack Park. 
..On some of the trails I have hiked with my rifle on may back in late November I would often see images of Sasquatch...No, no no thats not it...  I mean I would see images of an old memory, of a tail I read as a child called, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe.  There was a part in the book where Edmund, the little brother goes through the wardrobe by himself and meets the snow queen witch as she comes through on her sleigh.  They meet on a trail like road in the middle of the pines while it is snowing.  What I imagined as a child to be the deep woods on a snow covered mountain is just that in the Adirondacks..  Yes, I know summertime is a bit different but just as lovely I might add.  So where was I ??  Oh yes, build it and they will come..  Right?!....

..We started off our Project Appleseed weekend with a Family of four, Hanns his Wife Tanya and their two boys.  Then our walk on patron Lou, a repeat from last years event, a 69 year old senior who moves like a man half his age, Bless you, Lou.  I must say that instruction did go slow, but we moved at the pace of our shooters.  We had the luxury to do that because it was a small crowd and they were all starting at the same point and moving at he same speed.  So, I adjusted the speed and intensity of the shoot so that the shooters on the line could achieve productivity in skill.  You see our 3 main shooters all came to the line with 3 brand new Ruger 10/22's in the box, from inspection on it was fundamentals for a while.. I needed to se groups and would not just blow through the course without their understanding and skill.  I must admit that IT WORKED!!..  Patients did pay off and I commend our patrons for their efforts and labor.  10 hours Saturday and 10 hours Sunday is all in a days work..

..Thank You for the support from the Board of Directors at Indian Lake Blue Mountain Fish & Game Association Inc., Hank, Kim, Mike, and there are a few more but there names??? I am terrible with names, all of your efforts are deeply appreciated..  They understand and believe in our Project Appleseed, they trust in knowing that we will grow, that is their confidence in us..

..Thank You to our Instructors, Dude and Karis-Wheel, a match made in heaven.  A Father and Daughter team with the vision and dedication to our program.  They are not afraid to make the trip and get involved.  Your actions speak loud.  I thank you for being there for me and the program.  Great job keep up the good work!!..

.........Strength & Honor...........Join or Die...........Where There is Hope, There is Life...........Never Surrender.............
..................................Josey Wales..................................

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Josey Wales

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

sgtrock

Great Job Nick

When I was up there last year with you it was a great time, what a nice range they have there.

It was 51 miles for me to get cell service back on the way home from Indian Lake, that shows how far in the mountains you are up there,,, It was perfect,,,

I am disappointed that I missed this one this year,,, But by the sounds of it you had it under control,

Dude, Karis, Thanks lending Nick a hand,,, Hope to see you both again soon.

Job Well Done

sgtrock

R1SGx2

Indian Lake, very nice area and good people.

It's always a pleasure to see family show up for a shoot. And Lou, thank you for returning.

QuoteWhat I imagined as a child to be the deep woods on a snow covered mountain is just that in the Adirondacks..
The S word is coming soon enough. Enjoy the heat.

Dude and Karis, instructors you never know where they will show.

Excellant work by all.
Thank you...

Events coming up in area:Manhattan, NY - Sep 7-8
Hopewell Junction, NY - Sep 8-9
Saratoga Springs, NY - Sep 15-16
Burlington Flats, NY - Sep 15-16
Lake George, NY - Sep 22-23
Calverton, NY - Sep 29-30
Coxsackie, NY - Sep 29-30
Hudson Falls, NY - Oct 6-7
Manhattan, NY - Oct 12-13
Rotterdam, NY - Oct 13-14
Calverton, NY - Oct 27-28
Winslow, NJ - Nov 3-4
Manhattan, NY - Nov 9-10
Lake George, NY - Nov 17-18
Calverton, NY - Nov 24-25
Manhattan, NY - Dec 7-8

"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

The Mrs.

Great job Josey, Dude and Karris -

This program is all about the shooters, not a pre-drafted course of fire.  Adjust, adapt and carry on is the credo, and I'm glad to hear that it worked so well.

Thank you shooters for coming to join us.  Appleseed always finds great people.

Sue
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

Dude

What a beautiful place to shoot. Reminds me a lot of Hale Mountain. The Club - wow, seems like they couldn't do enough for us. We need to build on this one, gang! Many thanks to Josey for finding and securing the location. Our small group of shooters went away with a great deal of knowledge and safety training, as well as a greatly expanded sense of the history of our nation.

I even thought to myself at one point, "Imagine if these folks had purchased these Rugers and gone to a range and just started in!"  :wb: Frustrated, they may have packed it in and never fired their rifles again. Appleseed isn't just about making riflemen; it's about about making men ENJOY becoming riflemen.

2 days of the basics-wonderful job by Nick, who had a pretty bad muscle pull in his back. Awesome, awesome job, brother! :bow:

It was great to get together with Nick's family, too. They are great people!

And, Karis-they tell us the concrete for the cell phone towers is being poured as we speak. Service next summer for sure! @@)
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

sgtrock

"Quote from above"
And, Karis-they tell us the concrete for the cell phone towers is being poured as we speak. Service next summer for sure!

That's not good, People go to the Adirondacks to get "away" from cell phones,,,

Spartan

Not Really Sgt Rock,
Some of us live here in the Adirondacks and I have no cell phone coverage except for 1 square foot at
my house.
"With your shield or on it"

sgtrock

R1SGx2

Spartan, I have some ground marking paint to mark off that foot.

Me, I go over the mountain no cell or cable and life is sweet.

And you know what life is so simple.... You guys Qre the best
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

LittleMo

Congratulations Josey, Dude, and Karis for a great event at a great location!

Thank you Indian Lake Blue Mountain Fish and Game! And a special thank you to the students that gave their weekend to learn more about their heritage and marksmanship! Practice, practice, practice and come to the next Appleseed! :)

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont