News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Carrollton, KY, AAR - July 21-22, 2012

Started by Unbridled Liberty, July 23, 2012, 08:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbridled Liberty

Wow!  What a shoot!  We had a great bunch of 13 shooters Saturday, and 4 on Sunday.  Everyone seemed to have a great time as they learned about their remarkable heritage.  Rifle marksmanship showed excellent improvement.  We had one new Rifleman (Andrew), one new Orange Hat- Emily, one new Blue Hat- Kris, one new Shoot Boss (yours truly), and two William Diamond patches were earned (Lilly and Callie).   ^:)^  I believe that everyone except two shooters were father/child teams  ^:)^.  Thank you everyone, it was a pleasure meeting 13 fine American patriots!  Please post up about your experience.

Thanks to Mudcat, Son of Liberty, Andre, Funfaler and Slim for making it a very easy shoot for me.

We also had the interesting experience Saturday of having a 5-person production/film crew from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation as our guests.  Mudcat did such a great job being their host/guide, that I almost didn't even know they were there.  The documentary is about the role of the Kentucky Rifleman in the War of 1812.  Air date is set for October.  We got the host of the show down in the dirt shooting some Redcoat targets, and I think they all went away with T-shirts.

Pictures:
http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee482/Kentucky_Project_Appleseed/Carrollton%20KY%20July%202012/?albumview=slideshow

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

slim

What a fun time. So encouraging to see families and new friends shooting together at Carrollton. Huzzah to the crowd that was there!

boadicea

Hey, I posted a writeup in my blog again.
http://pennypincherpersonalfinance.blogspot.com/2012/07/another-appleseed.html

I totally forgot to mention the TV crew in the blog.  I guess the rifle parts going SPROING when I got home distracted me. (read the post to learn more)

Kudos to Andrew, and also to everyone else.  It was awesome.
Boadicea (Emily)

Ratchett

Congratulations to all for a great shoot and enduring the grueling AS firehouse!! Thank you to everyone who stepped up and took the 'hats' A huge congratulations to UL---you do look pretty good in green  ;) Wish I could have been there for the 'changing of the hat!' Blessings to all, til we meet on the trail...

IHG,
ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Mudcat

Man what a time at Carrolton, it was a little warm but not too bad. But the shooters sure were hot!. Those Kentucky shooters seem to make my trek down from the north so enjoyable. Families seemed to be the order of the day on Saturday with everyone but 2 shooters having a father or sibling on the line. Was great to see that for sure.
I got a few pics to post up.

Saturday morning with the cameras following SonofLiberty around as he gave us the 4 safety rules.

Don 3 doing much better after a quick bore cleaning the barrel was so leaded up we could not get a jag down it. He was right he really could shoot. Great job #3!

Brother Andrew really liked the tech sights.

Dad had a few rifle issues early but made good progress.

Emily rocked the stock Ruger and made progress as well.

Andrew came through with a 215 then backed it up with a 210. HUZZAH!!

Unbridled Libertys first task as Shoot Boss was to give an orange hat to Emily. HUZZAH!
Here is Andrew shooting the Garand.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington