News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

El Paso,Texas July 21-22, 2012 AAR

Started by Jerry Hall, July 23, 2012, 05:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Hall

Out in the West Texas Town Of El Paso, we fell in love with Appleseeding indoors during the severe weather season!
As Summer is the severe weather season in this neck of the world. We are very pleased to be afforded the opportunity to Appleseed indoors at the El Paso Community College- Law Enforcement Academy’s Indoor Range.  A State of the Art 20 bay climate controlled environment and the use of a spacious classroom for instruction.
Saturday July 21, 2012; Sixteen highly motivated shooters converged to experience the History and Heritage that makes us all proud to be Americans. Following the lead-in to the Three Strikes and the AM Safety briefing, we into the Range to assess our effective range. Then back to the classroom for a drink from the Fire-hose of Rifle Marksmanship Instruction. Back to the Range for sighters, technique refinement and adjustments.
Lunch was filled with the Three Strikes of the Match, which were well received by all the participants.
After lunch we were fighting with the time Monkey and modified the Course of Fire to allow us the opportunity for 1 AQT. 2 of our participants (Anthony and Matthew) re-qualified as Riflemen.
Our day ended with many of the participants regretting that they would not be able to return on Sunday, although everyone was grateful for the time well spent.
Sunday morning arrived with 7 Awakened Americans itching to participate in in our shared Heritage. After the safety briefing and a review of the Safety rules, safe rife and a compressed version of the Six Steps, Steady Hold factors and NPOA, we were into the range. One set of sighters, a Green Coat and our first AQT before Lunch. Three of our shooters (Anthony, Mathew and Terry) re-qualified Rifleman on this first AQT.
Lunch time was spent reliving the individual stories of several Dangerous Old Men and Brave Women.
Then Back to the range for the AQT grind. Our Instructor Cadre remained ever vigilant, working hard to hammer out more Riflemen on the anvil of the AQT. Alas Briana was oh so close with a score of 203 on the last AQT. There was still an air of excitement as we completed the last Red Coat, reviewed our weekend, exchanged information and parted way’s “…till we meet again…”. 

Happy Trails,

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Carlson

A good time was had by all.  I hope to get more consistent and improve my scores.  I will definitely be back for the September event.  My wife plans to accompany me to her first Appleseed at that time.  We're both looking forward to it.

Some Photos from Sunday:

Shoot Boss Jerry Hall working with Jonathan.

IIT Andy discussing the fine points of the Sitting Position with Felipe.

Felipe Scoring one of his AQTs.

The Final Redcoat targets for Sunday.

DieslPwrd

Thanks, Jerry Hall for putting on a great shoot and thanks to Carlson for some great candid photos. 

I especially enjoyed interacting with the very young shooters who were always either smiling or concentrating on the Six Steps of Firing the Shot.  They observed safety rules without fail.  ..:..

It was inspiring to hear from the many shooters who take practice on their own time (and own dime) seriously, and from the several who help others learn too.  As our lunchtime history lessons prove, one person's actions DO matter in the big picture. Thanks to all who made a difference by showing up at the El Paso shoot.

Here's a photo of SB Jerry Hall and Riflemen, Anthony and Matthew.  Congratulations!
Being born free is a privilege. Living free is an honor. Dying free is a responsibility. - LTC David Grossman

duc-dog

Great shoot, a whole line full of dedicated shooters.  Those that didn't make a Rifleman score---- WILL.
     I really enjoyed working with everyone there.  I wish I had Hannahs' enthusiasm at the end of the day.  Good range, Good Shooters, Good Instructors,---- What else is needed?? 
     See you all on the trail,
         Milt
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

Appleseed Widow

What a great weekend.  I love to see couples and families enjoy the Appleseed together.  Family is the structure most important in our nation.  What better way to strengthen the family than to spend good quality time together practicing and learning about our American Heritage.

I expect to see great things from both Samuel and Hannah, both are doing great already.  Jonathan, and it sounds like Briana, are just a breath away from rifleman, keep it up. 

We enjoyed the group so much Saturday, Milt and I hated to miss out on Sunday.  You all will have to come back in September so we can have a repeat Appleseed!

Until then,
Margie aka Appleseed Widow

DieslPwrd

Milt and Margie--I loved the addition of the visual aids to the Three Strikes.  This is my (double digit-something) shoot and I found it to be more memorable than ever with maps and Margie's football coach-esque diagrams.  Thank you.

Jerry--I had never before heard the list of repealed rights as you read them on Sunday. It was extremely moving and I would like to hear that at every 'seed.  It really drives home the point of not taking our hard-won rights for granted.  Thank you for stepping out of the box.

Being born free is a privilege. Living free is an honor. Dying free is a responsibility. - LTC David Grossman