News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Medical Lake, Washington, July 21-22, 2012

Started by Reformed Redneck, July 23, 2012, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reformed Redneck

To all,

We had a great shoot in Medical Lake this past weekend. Despite the very high temperatures (high 80's to low 90's), the shooters stuck with us like true troopers. Everyone exhibited measurable progress throughout the two days. We had one new Rifleman, and a number of folks who are knocking on the door. We were able to acquire one new IIT (paulw). Thanks for joining up Paul!

Medical Lake is a great venue with a host who is terrific. Thanks go out to Jack at Lone Pine Range for his help, hospitality, and enthusiasm for the Appleseed program.

The shooters are to be commended for their persistence throughout the weekend. The heat was quite uncomfortable for those of us in this norther climate, but they remained focused on the tasks set before them in their quest for Rifleman status. I would encourage you all to continue to practice those things you were taught, and prepare for the next opportunity to accept the challenge of the AQT again. You will be successful if you continue in the persistence you have already demonstrated.

Photos are, I am quite sure, forthcoming.

See you all soon again on the Trail.

Best regards,
Reformend Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Pro Libertate

What a heck of a great way to spend the weekend!   Sunday was beautiful, albeit a little hotter than I would've liked--  I got so much sun, I look like I've spent the past couple days tanning on the beaches of Cancun.

It was an honor and a pleasure to have photographed this event, and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting new friends. I was really pleased to see how many people turned out, and what's more, how many of them said they couldn't wait to attend the next Appleseed shoot.  I'm so glad to be a part of the program.

Here's a little preview of the photos from Sunday.  I'll have more up soon!

Lone Pine Range offered a beautiful setting for this weekend's event.

All geared up, and raring to go!

When it comes to demonstrating shooting positions, Evenstar's your go-to gal!

Patrick (AKA "Still Learnin'") instructs Jer on how to improve his prone shooting.

Jer does some last-minute prepping before taking his rifle out to the line.

We had some wildlife pass through.  Apparently our AQT scores weren't very good, because they didn't look too worried...

Megan receives some helpful instruction on how to improve her offhand shooting stance.

For the first stage of the AQT, Jer takes a moment to rest between firing shots offhand.  That muscle fatigue really gets to you!

Steady, steady...

Get a load of these two lovebirds!  Is there anything more romantic than a weekend spent at an Appleseed shoot?  Nah... I didn't think so either.

The smile says it all!

While most of the guns on the line were .22s, Bill brought his centerfire: a cherry M1 Garand.  I was immediately struck with gun-envy.  Did you know that buying an RWVA membership and attending an Appleseed event makes you eligible to own one of these fine rifles?  You can find out more about that here: http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/m1garand.htm

Congratulations on earning that coveted Rifleman patch, Joe!

Joe and Jer decided to take a little snooze under the tall cedar.  That heat really takes it out of you!

Our fearless leaders!

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.  We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream.  It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."  -President Ronald Wilson Reagan

Reformed Redneck

PR,

Great pictures! Thanks for contributing them to this thread.

RR
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Evenstar

Such a great weekend!

Thanks to Jack for the use of his Lone Pine Range. Couldn't ask for a better place to go 'seeding.

We had a great group of attendees this past weekend, and I thoroughly enjoyed working with you all. I'm looking forward to seeing ya'll back at another Appleseed with a friend or two.

The highlight of my weekend was having my big brother and sister-in-law with us for their first Appleseed. Joseph scored Rifleman his first time out, and despite having some difficulties on Saturday, Sarah was knocking on the door Sunday. Sarah, you'll make it if you guys go to an Appleseed back home. ;) Love you guys!

I'll try to post more later, and hopefully a few pictures and videos. We're super busy with family and other visitors, so it might be a little while.

ES

PS. Great pictures, Eric! Can't wait to see the rest. Thanks again for letting me take a couple shots!
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

TruTenacity

Another great NW Region event!  Especially because our oldest son and his wife were with us (see two lovebirds above).

Not much to say except you all were great to be with!  Keep aspiring to be rifleman while reading up on your heritage.

More pictures have been posted on the Facebook photo album:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.427408900636102.95473.163235577053437&type=1
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

TruTenacity

Little brother instructs big brother and ...

tradition lives on.  Congratulations, son.

Happy brother and sister!
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9