News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The US Arms Trade Treaty

Started by Magloader, July 20, 2012, 05:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magloader

On July 27th, the nations of the world are scheduled to meet in New York to sign a global Arms Trade Treaty. Disguised as a way to prevent the proliferation of small arms throughout the world, it is, in fact, a backdoor way to legislate gun control in the United States and effectively repeal our Second Amendment.

http://dickmorris.rallycongress.com/7175/gun-control/

This is a link to a site where you can write a petition to your senators, asking them to not vote yes. Over 300,000 letters and emails have been sent in. I personally have already signed it. Who else is going to help me defend my Constitutional rights, including the right to bear arms?

In Liberty,
                                                                                   Magloader
Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in Heaven.- Mathew 5:16

Jesus answered, " I am the way, truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

Two Wolves

Quote from: alkeford on July 21, 2012, 12:39:25 PM
  I have signed it. And I also believe that this is not politics concerning any particular Party. If this is passed it directly affects the Appleseed core program of Rifle Marksmanship. for that reason I would Hope all Appleseeders sign this petition

I agree with this statement.  This is a constitutional issue and our fore fathers would never forgive us if we didn't at least try to preserve that which they gave us. ~ Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

PHenry

A single voice is but a whisper, easily ignored, but a million voices combined, is a terrible thunder that shakes the ground. Email sent.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

wcmartin1

They can sign it, but without a constitutional amendment it is NULL and VOID.

Even with an amendment it goes against the natural law - our constitution doesn't grant any rights, but merely recognizes that our God-given rights exist.

I remember reading about similar scenario years ago in a series of prophetic articles written by an obscure author in the SGN.  :cool2:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Two Wolves

I would like to say that I received a reply from my Senator today thanking me for contacting him. So in case you were wondering if they get these messages----they do. Or at least their office does. Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Magloader

Just thought I would post a little follow up here....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/27/un-fails-to-reach-deal-on-global-arms-trade-treaty-as-us-asks-for-more-time/

Just goes to show you what happens when enough people do one little thing!!!

ML
Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in Heaven.- Mathew 5:16

Jesus answered, " I am the way, truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6