News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The US Arms Trade Treaty

Started by Magloader, July 20, 2012, 05:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magloader

On July 27th, the nations of the world are scheduled to meet in New York to sign a global Arms Trade Treaty. Disguised as a way to prevent the proliferation of small arms throughout the world, it is, in fact, a backdoor way to legislate gun control in the United States and effectively repeal our Second Amendment.

http://dickmorris.rallycongress.com/7175/gun-control/

This is a link to a site where you can write a petition to your senators, asking them to not vote yes. Over 300,000 letters and emails have been sent in. I personally have already signed it. Who else is going to help me defend my Constitutional rights, including the right to bear arms?

In Liberty,
                                                                                   Magloader
Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in Heaven.- Mathew 5:16

Jesus answered, " I am the way, truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

Puma Mami

Yes, this is a very serious issue. Thanks for posting about the petition that is available. Also, don't underestimate the impact of hundreds or thousands of people directly calling, sending faxes, or mailing written letters. That can be very helpful in these matters, too.  ;)

Quote from: Magloader on July 20, 2012, 05:05:12 PM
On July 27th, the nations of the world are scheduled to meet in New York to sign a global Arms Trade Treaty. Disguised as a way to prevent the proliferation of small arms throughout the world, it is, in fact, a backdoor way to legislate gun control in the United States and effectively repeal our Second Amendment.

http://dickmorris.rallycongress.com/7175/gun-control/

This is a link to a site where you can write a petition to your senators, asking them to not vote yes. Over 300,000 letters and emails have been sent in. I personally have already signed it. Who else is going to help me defend my Constitutional rights, including the right to bear arms?

In Liberty,
                                                                                   Magloader
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

JOEMORGAN

Signed and sent....now back to my studies...
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

Ramblin' Wreck

I know everyone thinks this is important but I don't know any Appleseed instructor who would give up his or her arms regardless of what kind of treaty is passed. Our right to self defense predates any written document and to fret that a treaty could take away that right acknowledges that government gave you that right to start.
You will need to decide a course of action however, just like our forefathers did.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

wcmartin1

They can sign it, but without a constitutional amendment it is NULL and VOID.

Even with an amendment it goes against the natural law - the constitution doesn't grant any rights, but merely recognizes that our God-given rights exist.

I remember reading about similar scenario years ago in a series of articles written by an obscure author in the SGN.  :cool2:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Ramblinwreck on July 21, 2012, 10:47:59 PM
I know everyone thinks this is important but I don't know any Appleseed instructor who would give up his or her arms regardless of what kind of treaty is passed. Our right to self defense predates any written document and to fret that a treaty could take away that right acknowledges that government gave you that right to start.
You will need to decide a course of action however, just like our forefathers did.

I don't want to start a debate on a subject that will never-the-less end up detracting from Appleseed's mission.  I don't disagree with your statement, either.  It is indeed an iceberg.  Perhaps even a large one.  But with the ship already sinking, it may or may not matter whether we hit or miss this one.  At the same time, however, one must also take into consideration that Appleseed is also about preventing a circumstance in which one must make the same decision our forefathers did. 

Be concerned, take action, call your senators and representatives - only takes a few minutes.  But don't get so attached to a single issue that your entire life hangs in the balance of a single decision.  Ultimately the stroke of a politician's pen is meaningless as the politician has no power except that which the people grant him.  Only in the hearts and minds of the people is the war won, or lost.  That is where we need to focus our mission. 

I've been hearing about this, probably since day one of my NRA membership...  ~10 years ago...

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Ramblin' Wreck

Exactly!

(wish I could master the quotes button  :( )

"Ultimately the stroke of a politician's pen is meaningless as the politician has no power except that which the people grant him.  Only in the hearts and minds of the people is the war won, or lost.  That is where we need to focus our mission.  "
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Castle Mountain

Having persued this matter I received one reply back from one Senator. I do hope he will pay attention.

CM

Dear Friend:

Thank you for your email. I appreciate hearing from you.

We are experiencing a high volume of incoming emails, but every message is read by my staff and if you live in Illinois we will provide a response as soon as possible.

I appreciate your comments.  Thank you again for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Richard J. Durbin
United States Senator
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Magloader

Just thought I would post a little follow up here....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/27/un-fails-to-reach-deal-on-global-arms-trade-treaty-as-us-asks-for-more-time/

Just goes to show you what happens when enough people do one little thing!!!

ML
Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in Heaven.- Mathew 5:16

Jesus answered, " I am the way, truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6