News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manheim, PA - AAR - 2012July14-15

Started by mal, July 19, 2012, 08:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

Sorry for the delay, all.  Some kind of stomach flu hit me a few days ago & had me laid out on the couch.

We had 12 on the line this past weekend, minus a few Sunday.  The weather was mostly agreeable, that is if you like the weather in the Congo!  Mostly sunny, mid 90 degrees and humidity you had to claw through, yech!  At least we had some showers Sunday afternoon to cool things off for a few minutes before it maxed out the humidity once again.  Yeah, that wet gear didn't dry out the rest of the day.

While we didn't have any new Rifleman on the line, we did have 2 re-qualify.  Congrats Rich & Dave!

The redcoats were pretty impressive.  We were down to 7 shooters by Sunday eve, but all 7 qualified at 300 yards or better.  Very nice job everyone.

We also had 2 cleaned redcoats, shot by Rich & Gary.  Nice job, guys!

Pictures below.  Feel free to post any you may have & comment.

See y'all next month!

mal
~

~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Attendees for the July Manheim event:

Norm!, Johann, Rich, Ben, Dan, John, Tony, Dave, Paul, Gary, Steve, Roverace & Kaity
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Gary & Rich cleaning the redcoat targets, earning the PA 1st Rifles Patch.  Good job, guys!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Johann receiving the Youth Patch.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Is that perspiration or precipitation drenching these shooters? 
Both!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Steve taking aim.  Note the tactical shooting mat.  I love it!
And he didn't go home with torn up elbows :-)
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

I.V.

This was my first ever Appleseed event - what a great way to spend the weekend!   ^:)^

Many thanks to Mal & Gary for their invaluable instruction and the history lesson. I realized a huge improvement in my AQT score over the course of the weekend and I'm looking forward to another opportunity to secure the patch.

Good times were had by all...
A slow hit is better than a fast miss...