News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

FORUM UPGRADE - ANY PROBLEMS?

Started by scuzzy, July 19, 2012, 04:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitfire51

Was having the issue with the text box on Firefox, clearing the cache worked like a charm.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

TruTenacity

Quote from: scuzzy on July 20, 2012, 03:33:35 AM
Quote from: TruTenacity on July 20, 2012, 02:52:21 AM
I can't log in with Chrome, but I can with Firefox.

Just downloaded chrome. Using it to post this.

Seems most of the problems, not all but most, have been related to browsers aggressively 'caching' stuff. Try to click on 'Settings' which is the wrench looking deal on the top right. Then click History then 'Clear all browsing data.' Hope that will help. If not are there any error messages? What occurs precisely when you try and log in?

Did that.  Still can't log in.  I'm having the same problems as others with the PMs not wrapping around.  What I type out leaves the page.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

scuzzy

Quote from: TruTenacity on July 24, 2012, 02:17:41 AM

Did that.  Still can't log in.  I'm having the same problems as others with the PMs not wrapping around.  What I type out leaves the page.

Here's a howto attached for clearing the Chrome cache and cookies in a complete manner.

If that fails try upgrading to the newest Chrome. I read last night that Chrome initially had problems displaying some websites.

When you say 'What I type out leaves the page' I'm assuming you mean Firefox since you can't log in with Chrome. Did you read the Firefox howto above? If you did and you are still having problems try this: On the PM page press the CTRL + 0 (press CTRL key and while holding it down press 0 zero) which will reset your browser to use standard size fonts. You might have your browser zoom in to a large degree. 

On Firefox you can also press CTRL + + and CTRL + - (again CTRL key and while still holding it down press the + or - key) which will zoom in or out which increases or decreases the text size. It may be possible that is causing problems.

If all that fails let me know:
What version of Windows you are using XP, Vista, or 7 - I only have access to XP and 7 so hope it isn't Vista
Which version of Chrome? and Firefox?

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Edheler

Minor issue I have noticed recently:

If I read a PM before the email forwarding notices it I won't get a copy in my email box. :(

AuntieBellum

Using Firefox:
I no longer get the pop-up box notification that I have new PMs.  Not a huge problem, but I always have at least two tabs open in the forum on my home computer - one on whatever thread I'm reading, and one on my PMs.  If I'm reading/responding to threads and don't look at the top to see I have new PMs, I may not notice for awhile.  Not a huge issue, but I thought I'd mention it.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Taylor

I'm using Internet Explorer. PMs are not going into my inbox and some of the archived PMs in my inbox disappeared.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Edheler

Select the menu at the top for "Profile" and choose "Summary". Then there will be a sub-menu a couple of rows below which says "Modify Profile" and choose "Personal Messaging". There is a checkbox on that page with the label "Show a popup when I receive new messages." to get pop-ups for private messages.

Just trying to help scuzzy out in case the upgrade reset your preference.

Quote from: AuntieBellum on July 24, 2012, 11:27:50 AM
Using Firefox:
I no longer get the pop-up box notification that I have new PMs.  Not a huge problem, but I always have at least two tabs open in the forum on my home computer - one on whatever thread I'm reading, and one on my PMs.  If I'm reading/responding to threads and don't look at the top to see I have new PMs, I may not notice for awhile.  Not a huge issue, but I thought I'd mention it.