News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur, NC July 14-15

Started by Lawrence, July 16, 2012, 01:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

Great News! Our dedicated RWVA Range officers approved a new AIR CONDITIONER for the clubhouse. Special thanks to Hawkeye and Lawson for purchasing the unit and installing it Saturday morning. Its' refreshing coolness repeatedly restored our students over the hot and humid weekend and will be a wonderful new amenity for the upcoming Rifleman Boot Camp, RAMSEUR 8-12!

July attendance in Ramseur always seems to be a little down because of heat but we still had 13 students and added TWO new Riflemen. Congratulations to Chris from Denver, NC and Ean, age 13 from Graham, NC. Both earned their patches on their second Appleseeds. Ean's grand father, Bill, also a Rifleman, has attended 7 paid Appleseeds and faithfully supports our program. Our newest IIT, Julia_H, coached Ean Sunday morning during our focused individual morning dry-fire exercises. As Sunday afternoon progressed, we watched his scores improve steadily, as he persisted and sweated through each AQT to finally earn his patch.

Below are photos of Kardiad Kid presenting our First Stike history, Adena the second and Pain Killer the Third. All remarkable and memorable presentations. We love our history!

Sunday morning during our Long Range component on the KD range we had a fun target detection and identification exercise. The Kid brought a Gilley suit to camouflage his location on the 300 yard line. So, as Kardiak Kid communicated our instructions by radio to Lawson, we tried to guide him to The Kid's location from the cold firing line. To begin, Lawson stood within 20 feet of his actual position and after twenty minutes of repeated attempts our efforts proved fruitless. It was an effective demonstration of the greatest challenge our soldiers currently face in the field. God protect them, each and all!

Also great news, RIP our Marine Captain IIT3, is safely back from Afghanistan and on his way to a new assignment in ConUS. Hopefully, he will be a great new addition to the Appleseed volunteers in that state. We'll miss him greatly!   

Thanks to seven talented Instructors in Training, everyone had consistent individual attention. Great job adamsod, Pain Killer, Kardiac Kid, Adena, Goliath, Bob Owens and Julia_H. Promotions all around! Adamsod and Pain Killer became our newest Red Hats!

Lawrence

LOST & FOUND

If you left something valuable at Ramseur Saturday or Sunday please send me a pm with a description so I may make arrangements for its' return.

Lawrence

Brother_COM

Lawrence, I left two of my children there... ;D They have dentist appointments on Tuesday morning 9:00a.m. Can you bring them back AFTER the dentist appts?  :))

Thanks man!
Glen
Brother_COM

Lawrence

Brother Glen,

Your children no longer wish to return home. They have become part of the indigenous Ramseur Home Range Tribe and have integrated well into our shooting culture. Now clothed only in Appleseed gear they are healthy, happy, love southern food and send you their Love!

Please send ammo for birthdays and Christmas.

Spartan

"With your shield or on it"

Pain Killer

If it is a 6.5 Grendel Sniper rifle with a Nightforce Scope it is mine. I'll even come get it, tonight!!
Seriously, I had a great time this weekend with a great bunch of people. Thanks to Lawrence for Shoot Bossing this event. Adam, when you are ready to test to be Shoot Boss let me know, I'm there. Keaton, thanks for playing sniper for us, hope your hand is better. Julia, is that your new forum name above your name on my hat?

Hope to see you all again soon,
Pain Killer AKA Stan

[
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Lawrence

Did anyone check to see if "Short Bus" got out of the clubhouse before we locked the gate?

Adena

Quote from: Lawrence on July 17, 2012, 11:10:05 AM
Did anyone check to see if "Short Bus" got out of the clubhouse before we locked the gate?

;D I didn't get a text message from her asking to be let out so I think we're okay.  ;D
"Children should be educated and instructed in the principles of freedom." - John Adams

"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." - Patrick Henry, Speech in the Virginia Convention, March 23, 1775

KARDIAK KID

YUP, SHE'S OK, SAW HER RIDE OFF WITH MOM#1
Dusty old helmet, rusty old gun,
They sit in the corner and wait –
Two souvenirs of the Second World War
That have withstood the time, and the hate.
Many times I've wanted to ask them –
And now that we're here all alone,
Relics all three of a long ago war –
Where has freedom gone?
Mute witness to a time of much trouble,
Where kill or be killed was the law –
Were these implements used with high honor?
What was the glory they saw?
Freedom flies in your heart like an eagle.
Let it soar with the winds high above
Among the spirits of soldiers now sleeping,
Guard it with care and with love.
I salute my old friends in the corner.
I agree with all they have said –
And if the moment of truth comes tomorrow,
I'll be free, or By God, I'll be dead!
Audie Murphy

Julia_H

I just saw this

Haha very funny guys...and I was not the only one that got trapped in the clubhouse, I just was the only one that had to be let out by someone else..Bob got stuck too thank you very much....oh and by the way..usually doors have a thing called a doorknob that lock from the inside, just saying..
I don't know what y'all will do next month on Saturday when I'm not there.

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness." Proverbs 31:25-26

Adena

"Children should be educated and instructed in the principles of freedom." - John Adams

"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." - Patrick Henry, Speech in the Virginia Convention, March 23, 1775

Bob Owens

Jules is right. I had a problem with the Ramseur building code myself for a moment.

The difference is that I would have found my way out within a minute or two. :-)
Editor of BearingArms.com, NRA News guest, Gunsite Academy graduate, and proud Appleseed Red Hat.

Julia_H

Mmhmmm that's what they all say. We will see about that one now
"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness." Proverbs 31:25-26

M1NC

It was a great weekend - everyone did a fantastic job and with such great company you almost forget about the heat and humidity.

The new air conditioner did a lot to take the edge off and refresh body and mind - thanks Hawkeye and Lawson!
Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness

Brother_COM

Lawrence, glad to hear the kids have settled in well! It's soooooooo peaceful here at the house... But my wife keeps going to the phone and trying to call the police! She thinks I left them there ON PURPOSE!  #)  Now would I do that????
Actually you know I'm joking. We have 6 B-E-A-U_tiful children (My wife is a little hottie herself!) can I say that on the forum??? **)

My oldest 3 (Brittany, Jennifer & Joshua,) have all qualified as rifleman. Some of them NUMEROUS times! Jennifer took an orange hat in June. I'z one proud pa-pa.

Her'e a recent family pic and a link to the Bloomington, IL shoot last month. http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=30027.0 Jennifer is doing the steady hold factors. My 5 yr old Elijah grabbed a nearby stick and was imitating TheEditor as he showed us the Sitting Steady Hold factors! a classic pic! Me down bottom getting ready to shoot Standing AQT with My ole mini-14.
Enjoy the pics!

Glen
Brother_COM

Lawrence

Brother Glen,

GREAT FAMILY PHOTO!!! Many thanks for posting both the photo and the link. Any wonder why Appleseed gives us such hope?

Please consider bringing your family to an RBC in Ramseur. At "Ramseur 5/10!" we hosted a family of 8 from Kentucky who camped and used a hotel for logistics. That weekend Mom, aka the famous "Shoots like a Girl" shot her first Rifleman score while five months pregnant with young miss #9 on the way. I think they named her "Hoppes".

Now with 4 IIT's in the family they returned for the legendary "Ramseur 2/12!" to instruct, participate, reconfirm numerous Rifleman scores and shoot KD. Check out both of those AARs.

At the Memorial Day weekend event this year, a young Mom and Dad from Tennessee camped for the weekend with their five children. Their 10 year old Son set a record at Ramseur for the youngest Rifleman here to date! How encouraging is that!

Unfortunately, you have created an enormous question. Who are the two children we initiated into the "Home Range Tribe"?