News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Redmond, OR July 14/15 AAR

Started by Prescott, July 16, 2012, 01:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

I just got home and wanted to get this post started in case anyone had some pics they wanted to share.

I had a great weekend in Central Oregon with the participants of our second AS at the Redmond Rod and Gun Club.  We quadruplied the number of shooters we had on the line as compared to our first shoot.  If we can continue on this path, we will turn Central Oregon into a community of Riflemen.  Wouldn't that be great O0

Congratulations to Ron and Brian earning their Rifleman patch and to Mike who was able to re-confirm the Rifleman he earned in Stevenson with multiple 210+ AQT scores.

I will add to this post tomorrow and get some photos posted.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Prescott

Here are pictures of Mike and Ron.  If anyone has a picture of Brian earning his Rifleman patch, please post the picture
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Reformed Redneck

Way to go, Presott and crew!

Question here: Were those tarps something you guys had to bring and set up, or is that how the range is organized? Were they hot with the higher temperatures and sun? Just curious.

RR
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Prescott

Ducko and I set up the tarps on Friday night to try and minimize the dust at the firing line.   The soil in Redmond is a very fine volcanic silt and that gets into everything.   We put down four 12'x24' tarps and it worked great.   They did not get very warm and it helped collect the brass at the end of the shoot.

Ducko

It was great to see everyone on the line at Redmond Rod and Gun Club.  We had a good weekend, with sunny but windy weather and great people to be around. Congrats to Brian and Ron on the Riflemans Patch and to Mike for improving his score.  Brian, think about taking up that orange hat and joining us, you would be a great addition!  I hope to see the Kelly Brothers and Sal out at Estacada this fall getting their patches!  Thanks to our hosts Redmond Rod and Gun Club for giving us time and space to use the range.
Ducko
Don't wait, go to the sound of the rifles and get involved! 

We are not to expect to be transported from despotism to Liberty in a feather bed!
Thomas Jefferson

grandbeaver

This is an easy post......THANK YOU!  To the 4 Ro's that came to Redmond and made this happen.  Most people do not realize how much effort it takes to setup, organize, conduct and tear down for these events, your work is appreciated.  Harmony and I were very happy to have attended and she wants to try again to get that elusive "Riflemans" patch O0...uh Prescott I might have a pic for ya if I am smart enough to get it attached here.......lol.......Thanks to all, Brian.....

Joni

Congratulations Brian on earning your rifleman patch! Hope to see you along the Appleseed Trail sometime!
Joni