News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Colebrook, CT Ladyseed July 14 &15

Started by Ratchett, July 16, 2012, 12:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratchett

WOWZER, WOWZER what a great weekend!!! 13 Patriotic Ladies came out to the learn the art of rifle marksmanship and the heritage that our founding generation so selflessly left. Saturday brought 11 shooters to the line 3 returning 'seeders, the other ladies were either brand new shooters or shooters with limited experience. Saturday was a slow start getting everyone outfitted with slings and stock builds for proper cheek welds. Once everyone had a comfortable rifle that fit them, we were able to rock and roll into all instruction and an afternoon AQT.

Sunday brought 3 new shooters to the line and only one shooter who did not return due to family commitment. We started off with a review of instruction and got the new shooters caught up and into the AQT grind we rolled. Scores kept improving throughout the day and when the rain and thunder rolled in at just a little after 3:30PM A new riflewoman in the state of Connecticut emerged!!!

CONGRATULATIONS PAT!!!!!!, scoring a 210 with a bolt action rifle---- and yes she was dowsed in North Bridge Water for her accomplishment  >:D

Candy, you are well on the way and I am sure an Orange Hat is awaiting you  ^-^ You and Deb are next on the list for CT riflewomen, keep practicing that magical score is within your grasp!!!

Winter, you showed great improvement throughout the weekend. Keep practicing the skill set and you will have no problem qualifying when you go through boot camp. Best wishes in your future endeavors, will be keeping you in thoughts and prayers! (PS thanks for coming out with your Mom---mother/daughter duos just rock.)

Sharon, Linda, Christine, and Fern what improvement you guys showed!!! From not hitting paper to very nice groups, WOW! Figuring and making your own sight adjustments. Drinking from the Appleseed firehouse and absorbing all the information!! Keep practicing at home and that rifleman score will be in your future---no problem. Be very proud of great accomplishments this weekend.

Watch out CT there is a new 'Thelma and Louise' in the state! Both showed great improvement in their shot groups and I would not be surprised to see them on the line again in the near future. Marcy and Heather you overcame great obstacles and had fantastic accomplishments this weekend---job well done. Enjoy your week at Scout camp and show those guys that girls can most definitely shoot too!!!

Kath and Hannah, having mother/daughter duos on the line is always great fun. Your groups were shrinking and showing improvement all weekend. Continue to dry practice at home and that Rifleman score will be easily attained!! No more math the rest of the summer  ;)

Deb, changing from a right to left handed shooter is never an easy feat and you have mastered it! Keep up the great work and you will be join the riflewomen ranks very soon!!

Heather and Amy, how overwhelmed you must have felt this morning walking onto the line!! I hope we were able to bring you up to speed, your targets sure were showing improvement at days end. Hope to see you out on the line again soon!!!

To the 3 Amigos from Massachusetts, THANK YOU for making the trip to work the inaugural CT Ladyseed. It was an honor to work with each of you, and a heck of a lot of fun!!! Happy birthday Alix, what you aren't 19?  ;D

To all the CT Ladyseed "Manslaves", gentlemen as always you guys rock! Thank you for setting and tearing the line, running errands, keeping the food and water coming (Man, did we ever have it better than the Regulars!!) and helping out with rifle and equipment issue, as well as filling in with instruction when needed. But most importantly, supporting these women in their endeavors to improve their marksmanship, their knowledge of the heritage of this great country, and taking the ribbing of a 'manslave' with such good nature!! It was an honor and a pleasure working with you all!!!!

A huge thank you to Northwest Connecticut Sportsman's Association for partnering with Appleseed and providing such a fantastic facility!! What a great range and so accommodating to the shooters!!

Thanks again to all and Prayerful blessings to each of you....

In His grip,
ratchett

PS--pictures coming soon, remember I am technologically challenged  ;)

IHG,
r
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Fuzzy

Thank you Rachet -  and Goldfish - well run shoot.  Pleasure working with you.

Great venue at the NWCSA!  And a great bunch of teachable shooters.

Cynthia aka Fuzzy

luv2Bfree

This weekend was a blast!

It's heartening to be around ladies who keep persisting, through whatever technical difficulties pop up...

...AND taking it in stride when a target doesn't look like what you were expecting... BUT,  that a group of shots DOES migrate across the target after careful considerations are made!  O0

Ratchett, your Strike recounts left no dry eyes...   :'(  You truly brought the lives of those  individuals to life...
"A thunderbolt falls on an inch of ground, but the light of it fills the horizon" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

cdesmarais

Thanks for all your kind words of encouragement.  I have improved so much after attending 2 events.  I am so excited that my friend, Pat, achieved Rifleman this weekend.  I know that I will achieve this someday myself and am looking forward to my next Appleseed Weekend!!!

^:)^
Candy

GoldFish

It was a privilege witness this event on my first trip to the state.  Thanks to the Northwestern Connecticut Sportsman's Association for hosting this shoot, and thanks Phil and Mark for helping us out...especially with those "freakin' good burgers." :bow:  Thanks to the ladies from Mass coming down so that I didn't have to do as much work. 

Pat!!!  A huge congratulations on achieving the 'rank' of Rifleman! :--- O0  It was truly my honor to score your target, as well as collecting the water for that nice sprinkle you received. ^-^  You said it well.  "If shooting Rifleman was easy, then everyone would do it."  Everyone can do it though, if they persist like Pat. 

Take care all, and Stay the Course.

---GF

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

cdesmarais

I am writing an article on Pat's accomplishment for our state DAR newsletter.  Can you send me a photo of Pat's "baptism"???

Thanks!

Candy
treasurer@ctdar.org
Candy