News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Salem, Ohio July 14-15 2012 AAR

Started by Edheler, July 15, 2012, 10:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edheler

What a great weekend at the Salem Hunting Club! We had a great group of students. I will write more in the morning when I can keep my eyelids open! Please comment in the meantime.

One item which just can't wait though is a riflewoman, who once again reaffirmed her status, accepted an Orange Hat. I suspect there will be many happy instructors in Ohio!

Here is the other picture I have which were the winners of the stars target:

Many thanks to our hosts, the Salem Hunting Club! You have a great range and I look forward to returning next year!

RoadBlock

Had a blast this weekend.  Big thanks to Miki, Birdman, and Edheler for not only keeping us all safe and teaching us the marksmanship skills necessary to one day become Riflemen, but for reminding us why marksmanship is important and how much has been sacrificed in the name of freedom. 

This was my 2nd Appleseed.  My first was 2 or maybe 3 years ago.  I will not let that much time elapse before my next one. 

My friend Jon, who had barely ever shot a rifle before this weekend, was so excited he purchased a Rifleman Opportunity Card, so I have a feeling him and I will be hitting at least 1 more this year.

It was very cool to see the student put on that orange hat and become the instructor. 

Also wanted to say thanks to Salem Hunting Club for having a very nice place to shoot for the weekend, and definitely for providing a nice lunch for us to purchase both days! 

jobu72

Yes, fabulous weekend ... even while shooting in the rain. 

The instructors were great as usual, and we as students got to see the Appleseed way via instructors from three different states!

Jake and the Salem Hunting Club were great hosts as usual.  Just another addition to the list of awesome events they host all year long. 

Hmm, now let's see, which dates can I get my WinterSeed patch ...

Dougum

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!  ^:)^ ..:.. WAY TO GO PATRICIA!!! Another Orange Hat in Ohio!!!
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

Birdman

I hope everybody got home safely. What a great shoot. The newest shooters Veronica and Beth did GREAT! I hope they both realize that. No joke.
Great improvement throughout the day and especially on Sunday.
Mucho thanks to Miki for driving down to Salem from the Great White North, and also thanks to edheler for coming in from PA. I don't even CARE I was the lone Ohio IIT, but it was sure nice to see Patricia grab that orange hat so we could finally outnumber them border raiders!
Bruce brought his nephew Jacob, who is joining the ARMY in about 6 months.  Thanks so much for bringing him.  It was an honor to work with him - he did great.  Make sure he gets to several more Appleseeds before deployment.
As for the rest of the group, I was very impressed with each of you, great muzzle discipline, safe rifles, and listening to what we were "feeding" you through the firehose.
Thanks you one and all for joining us at Salem.
Lastly, thanks to Jake, his wife, and the Salem Hunting Club for their wonderful hospitality.         

Miki

WOW, what a great weekend! Thanks to all the shooters who came out to make this weekend special for me. I HATE driving! My drive home seemed to fly by while I spent the time thinking about all the great things I experienced this weekend.

The hospitality of the Salem Hunting Club and especially Jake, who made my job so easy. The smiles on all your faces as you watched your groups shrink. The thoughtful questions you asked about our shared heritage. The teachable attitudes you all brought to the line. Patricia putting on that orange hat and immediately jumping in to help. It was amazing and I am happy I was there to share it with you. I will cherish my fond memories of this shoot. Thank you all for being there!

Respectfully,
Miki

Shelly Mac

^:)^ ^:)^  Had a wonderful time at the Appleseed this past weekend!!  Thank you Salem Hunting Club for allowing us to use the facility for the weekend and a HUGE thanks to the Instructor and the Instructors in Training.

This was my first Appleseed and it will not be my last.  I will be signing up for the New Philadelphia LadySeed in October along with Beth, who also attended this Appleseed with me.

I have a goal and I will not give up until it is accomplished   ;) ;)

Hope to see some of you again!

Miki

Glad you had a good time Shelly. Riflemenwomen are persistent! They set goals and accomplish them. Glad you've got a goal. Keep at it! I may just have to get down to the New Philly Ladyseed myself. Sounds like it's going to be a good one.