News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Indianapolis, IN LADYSEED AAR - July 14-15, 2012

Started by AuntieBellum, July 15, 2012, 09:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

What a fantastic weekend!  These women came out during a hot weekend to throw some lead downrange and learn some history.  I'm pretty certain they accomplished both of those goals, and with some flair.  Several women went from little to no familiarity with their rifles to drilling ragged holes through the center of those squares. And for those who could return on Sunday, we saw some great AQT scores - lots of 160s, 170s, 180s...and 190s!

More importantly, we learned about the choices that were made on April 19, 1775.  We learned about the sacrifices those colonists made for us and all about the 7th step...and I think each of these women will come back again - and with someone new right alongside. 

Thank you each and every one for joining us this weekend.  It was a pleasure and an honor to work with all of you.  Until next time...PICTURES!!!!    :pics:
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Niecie

What a weekend! The ladies had such a great time and were such a pleasure to have on the line. We had several Mother/Daughter pairs!! How cool is that?  O0

Thanks to all of the instructors that came out for the warm weekend  >:D And extra special thanks to all the shooters that took time out of their busy lives to learn some history and marksmanship. I am sure we will see all of them on the line again! Until then, keep practicing and 7th stepping!

Niecie

Here are some photos from Saturday for you all to look through. I did not realize I took so many until I started editing - 181 pics! Yikes - here are a few favorites:

What a great group!

Our newest Redhat giving instruction - Congratulations, Brown!! :bow:

More one on one instruction:

Auntiebellum giving the First Strike...

and some instruction with Kate...

Putting instruction to use.

Kate the line BOSS  ;D

The Shoot Boss showing how it's done!

Lunch Lady jumps in with some instruction, too.

Can't tell they are related  ;D

Ladyseeds are always so colorful...

Finally, the AQT

Our mascots for the day...

Niecie

You asked for pics - so here are the ones from Sunday.

Rimshot shouts, "Good Morning Ladies!"

Kate recaps what we learned on Saturday.

We had a new shooter on the line for Sunday, and she jumped right in and did outstanding!

Her mom was pretty awesome, too!

Time for the Ball & Dummy...

Even instructors need some "instruction"  >:D

Kate tells us the amazing story of Elizabeth Zane. Great Job Kate!

Let's shoot some AQTs

Kim won the first fun shoot.

And these ladies won the second fun shoot. Congratulations to all!!

Artwork provided by Rimshot - how creative!! O0

AuntieBellum

Yay, pictures!  I love to look back and see all of those smiles!  We really did have a great time this weekend.  The women were excellent students and really toughed it out through the heat.  We saw some fantastic groups on the squares and great AQT scores.  I know they'll be back - Caitie and Alex had that look in their eyes and have a score to settle with that AQT next time.   O0

I should also note that Kilo told me he was very sad we left him at home on Sunday.  He loves AQTs and and all of those stories about women and made me promise to bring him again next time.   ;)
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Ratchett

Look at all of those smiles!!!!!!!!

Great shoot and fantastic pics. Love the horse and wagon! Unbridled Liberty has graphics for same, he will share I bet :)

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Rimshot

It was a great weekend.  These ladies were a fantastic group of students - attentive, safe, and engaged.  It was a pleasure to work this event.

And yes, hat tip to Unbridled Liberty for the wagon.  The idea was his, I just didn't make photocopies of the target he made.
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

yellowhousejake

What a great weekend. The ladies were wonderful to work with. If Appleseed is like drinking from a fire hose these gals brought some mighty big buckets because they soaked up all the instruction right from the get go, I think I rarely had to give the same instruction twice.

While the heat was bad, we enjoyed several cool breezes to help and all the ladies came ready for it. Plenty of cool towels, proper dress for the sun, lots of shade, and light eating. For as hot as it was I felt this group was better prepared than most.

I see patches in the very near future for several of the ladies, Caitlin and Alex were showing some great scores, and even stayed late to give it one last try.

And yes the target was a favorite, a great way to tie history to marksmanship just like the red coat does in the morning. It helps that it used the targets taken right from the red coat too.

I am looking forward to working with all the ladies again.

Yellowhousejake
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ