News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Elverson, PA July 14-15, 2012

Started by GEmanuel, July 15, 2012, 06:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEmanuel

Wow, what a weekend!
I want to thank each and every shooter who came out to Elverson this past weekend to participate in marksmanship instruction, and learn about a small, though very significant portion of our National Heritage, I enjoyed each and every one of you.
We have four new members of our modern day 1st Pennsylvania Rifles, Phil Snader, Bob Miller, Daniel Miller, and Art Prelle who cleaned their Red Coats and were awarded a patch depicting the flag carried by them as they marched as part of the First Continental Line, Congratulations.
Additionally we had two shooters earn the coveted "Rifeman" patch, Daniel Miller with a 237, and Phil Snader with a 217. Great shooting guys. Persistence and determination triumph again. Dan has taken an Orange hat and will be helping us teach the skills he learned at future events.
Everyone of you have shown great improvement in a very short time. I have no doubt that each of you with persistence will achieve the "Rifleman" score at a future event. I hope I am there to witness and congratulate you when you do.
I will likely add more to these comments after a little more rest, and I will be posting pictures to go with the names of the shooters mentioned above.
If you would like to leave your comments and post any pictures you would like to shore with the group that would be great.
Finally, a big thank you once again to NCCSC for their support of Appleseed. We are indeed blessed to have them 100% behind our efforts. A special thank you to NCCSCs Fran Bianchini and his wife of NCCSC for preparing the great lunches, huzzah!
Again, I would like to thank each of you for making this a very enjoyable weekend.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

Art4Second

I had a great time and learned a lot. Very knowledgable, experienced, safe instructors and a good format to quickly learn and apply. Really nice history of the American Revolution and how things really unfolded. More entertainment, fun, and skill than I expected for the price of admission. I'd definitely recommend to anyone that wants to improve their marksmanship skill. The quality and experience was off the charts for the price.

Much thanks to Alex, Bob, and George for all the work and dedication. Outstanding work.  O0 O0