News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bakersfield,CA. June 23-24, 2012

Started by Cal 7.62, July 11, 2012, 01:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal 7.62

Sorry it took so long to get this out but I've been real busy.  :-[
What can I say but this was a great shoot!  O0
The weather was pretty nice (and it actually got a little chilly at one point.)
We had a great bunch of future riflemen, and they all came back on the 2nd day despite the aches and pains of being in positions they weren't used to.  $$-0
1st to arrive was James who brought a few vintage rifles to try out. Next (from the Hoosier state) was Cory. Then Dean, Greg & Trevor showed up to spend some quality family time soaking up marksmanship and heritage. Last but not least was returning A'seeder Noah. 
The 1st redcoat of the day showed that the students needed a drink from the firehose. As the day progressed we saw those groups shrinking.  They soaked up the history at lunch and then it was back to work  on the "greencoats" (CAQT). We managed to squeeze in 2 or 3 AQT's before the final redcoat. Sometime during the day's test of men and machine, two of them quit, (The machines, not the men) Noah's Marlin and James'es rifle both had to be replaced.
I think we'll see many of them back for another crack at the rifleman patch.
I remembered reading an AAR from a Piru shoot a while back that mentioned shooting golf balls to liven things up. I had a few laying around and decided to bring em. They worked well for for their intended purpose, although not like I had planned. I'll bring more next time!
Inspector Randy did good on his 1st outing with the orange hat. Thanks Randy!  O0
Pics to follow.
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Cal 7.62

More Pics
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

ckmcwill

Hi Steve, Cory here. Had a great time at the shoot. Learned a ton and am working on my positions from time to time at home as well as at the range. I look forward to coming back. Not sure if the timing will work on the next one, but I will definitely attend more Appleseeds in the future. Thank you for all you do for this organization, your community, and your country!

Noah_RN

was a good shoot. as always great instruction. great weather. but next time will bring a different rifle.