News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

group to join RWVA

Started by santa dave, July 09, 2012, 12:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

santa dave

HI,  Hope I am posting this in the right place.
Please bear with me for a bit of background  to the question,,,,

I'm a bit north of San Antonio & have been to a AS  back in So Calif.
the area I live in has a bunch of gun owners. They range in age from late 20's to 70's
All would like  a shooting club but don't find the existing one's interesting.

Rather than starting a 'new club' it seems it'd be easier to have the group join RWVA with a associate memberships.

I am part owner of property near here  & has a range though small,,, would likely serve about 5-8 AS shooters at one time.
Might be able to make some changes

there are no facility's, just the open area & a huge berm about 20 feet high.
the berm dirt is left from a pond that was dug some time ago

I will have to discuss this with family. Insurance & such will need to be sorted out.
This is not bad  but there's a lot going on now.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

scuzzy

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure how that would work. Your best bet would be to send a Personal Message to 'Scout' who is our State Coordinator. Hopefully you can get something going that way. If there is anything else I can do to help either send me a PM too or just post here again.

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

santa dave

hi, I tried to PM scout  but some error occurred,,, any suggestions?

thanks

dave

Green Bean

Maybe sign up for the next Appleseed in Davilla, TX and meet Scout in person to talk about it.  The guys in Fredericksburg are also great guys.  Both locations should be less than two hours from you. 

Bring some friends to an AS in Fredericksburg Or Davilla to earn their riflemans patch and get to know some of the Texas crew.  Become an instructor and invite your buddies out to your place to practice "mini-seeds" to prepare for an AS.

There is a downloadable "host range application form" online. Print it out and bring it with you to the next Davilla, TX Appleseed. http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=6921.0

Just ideas. 

Two Wolves

This is my suggestion. If your friends just want to get together and shoot up some targets close to home then having them out to your property might be the thing to do.

We have regularly scheduled Appleseed events here in Fredericksburg with a range and accommodations already in place. You are probably 30 to 40 minutes away. Get the guys together and come to our September shoot. We'll help them with their marksmanship and give them some good stories too.

If you carpool you can share the fuel cost. We have many people come from much greater distances than where you are at.

Let's get your friends, and you too, headed down the path to becoming an Appleseed "Rifleman". Who knows, maybe they will want to become more involved in this project  and create something more local to them.

Point is , it has to start somewhere and there's no better place than Fredericksburg.

Now, sign them up on the Appleseed site and lets get rolling! Looking forward to meeting you and your friends. Please don't hesitate to ask questions. Yours in liberty, Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

santa dave

HI this sounds like a good idea

I'll talk with the guys in the next few days

sorry for my delay in answering. Been hung up on other projects

dave

Scout

Hey Santa, you can reach me directly by calling me at 254-217(remove) 1325 or emailing me at rangescout(Remove)@hughes.net, I will be glad to speak to you abut a San Antonio range. :) I will PM you too. Thanks!

Scout
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)