News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Charlotte, NC June 30-July1

Started by Lawrence, July 06, 2012, 02:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

RECORD SETTING APPLESEED AT CHARLOTTE, NC RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB!

Unfortunately, the record was not for attendance or Riflemen but for HEAT! Saturday: 104, Sunday, 107! Can't imagine what the heat index would have computed to in the combat pit where we shot. It is a very safe but sun baked area surrounded on all sides by burms and was completely devoid of breezes until we left on Sunday just prior to an incoming storm.

Regardless, we had 15 dauntless individuals who defied the heat to attend. Of those, 10 were first time Appleseeders and the remainder attending for their second or third events. Our group ranged in age from 12 to 73 and all were positive, attentive and safe. Although we were close to capacity for pre-registrations, 8 of those were no-shows, most likely because of the constant record heat warnings.

Congratulations to each and all for being the most persistent group I've ever witnessed. Everyone coped with the heat as best they could without complaint or capitulation. Joseph, our lone Rifleman for the event earned his patch Sunday morning.

We were gratified to have 6 members of the Charlotte club participating, so with the additional 3 instructor members on the line, the club had a great showing. We are hoping for more dates at this active club next year.

A special thanks to NeilR who earned his Red Hat at this event. Pain Killer, cdavidhord and Kardiak Kid all received promotions as well.

I hope to see each and everyone from this weekend at Ramseur for some KD work before this year ends!

NeilR

Thanks to all the participants and to my fellow instructors.  It was a rough day due to the heat, but we made it work.  We continue to build a good reputation at the Club with the safe and effective events that we run.  I heard several positive comments by Club RSOs and others, and the fact that we always attract youngsters is a definite plus.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson