News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hat Creek, CA June 30-July 1- AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, July 03, 2012, 06:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Well......WOW!!!!
What a great Appleseed!  11 Americans came out on Saturday and 10 on Sunday to the Hat Creek Rifle and Pistol Club Range.
The weather was just about perfect...upper 70's for both days.  Saturday was a bit windier than I really like but we enjoyed the lack of summer time heat!! 
After the welcome and safety briefing, we shot the first Red Coats, then turned on the fire hose of information.  One thing I noticed about this group was their determination to absorb the information and put it to good use.  As the morning went on we began to see group sizes shrink. 
We had lunch under the shade of the trees and shared the 3 strikes. 
After lunch it was back to the fire hose and the first AQT.  Boyd (aka Levergun), a returning Rifleman, let us know that he can shoot Rifleman on any rifle...his first AQT...a 210.....Not content to let that ride, he wrapped himself up in his Rifleman bubble and posted a......wait for it.......248!!!   ^:)^
We ended the night with a Red Coat and closing. I awarded a couple of deserving youth with a Young Patriot patch. 
Sunday, had us short a couple people, but those who were there were not short on determination. 
Even though we didn't get any Riflemen on Sunday, there are a lot of you knocking on the door. Jenny...awesome job Lady...you will get it next time I know it.  Travis..so will you.  Janis and Jim... Pete...keep practicing and you'll be next. Mike and Matthew...awesome work you two. 
We even had a bit of time for a couple instructors to get a bit of trigger time.  Graceful22Gal tried out Full Distance for the first time.  I think next time she'll be posting a Rifleman score on KD..
We closed the day and cleaned up, ending another wonderful weekend.  Americans came out, learned and listened to stories..and hopefully went home to share the experiences with others.
Thanks to all of you who came out, you made the weekend wonderful.
Big thanks to all my instructors, without you the weekend would not have gone as smooth. 

eaglescouter

A few photos:
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Nero

A few pix from our cameras:

The Saturday line:

Our young shooters, aka posterity

Saturday evening bull session instructor meeting

Posting Sunday AM targets

Sunday reviews

The Sunday line, from the noisy end

Over to KD for the afternoon

More pix at the complete album:
https://picasaweb.google.com/114208333789247233986/HatCreek612?gsessionid=sPWvwiRBmSr8GS9qA-KBXQ#

And a bonus video of Joe's coehorn mortar scale model in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCI3Z4bISI8
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass