News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nampa, ID. 6-30, 7-1 2012

Started by Mark Davis, July 02, 2012, 05:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Davis

It was some tough shooters who shot at Nampa.
Saturday was hot, we set up in brand new bay with no vegetation. The dirt was powdery clay and it pretty much coated everything.
A couple pop up shelters and a long roof constructed by a couple enterprising shooters gave us some relief from the sun.
Sunday was a little cooler, partly cloudy, breezy which helped spred all that fine powdery dust more evenly.
Three new riflemen, and three riflemen who had had pre-qualified at earlyer shoots.

What a treat it is to see so many eager faces on Saturday morning.

Mortgageboss

Hi Mark,

You and the other instructors did a great job. I had a great time, although it was humbling to see how much I had to learn.

I will definitely be back in October.

Do you have any pics to post of the shoot?

Mark Davis

Mortgageboss
I do not have any pictures, I did take some with Joni's camera, and she took even more, hopefully she will post some of them.

Joni

Congratulations to the new riflemen and to those who repeated their riflemen scores!
I am posting a few pictures here, but most of them will be on Picasa, which will be up tomorrow.

Joni

another rifleman

Joni

the 3rd rifleman.

Boise Rocker

Great instruction and history lessons, Mark.  My hat's off to you, the other instructors, and my fellow students.  I may not be a Rifleman (yet!), but I'm bound and determined to retain what y'all taught me, keep practicing, and qualify as a Rifleman in October.  Happy Independence Day!

Retired Geezer

Mrs. Geezer and I had a great time. She will get Rifleman next time.
Many thanks to Mark, Prescott, Theophilus, Joni and Steve. Also to the NRaGC and Jeff Collins.

Joni

OK, here is the link to the pictures I took, I put them on Picasa. Please feel free to take the ones of you that you want, and to tag yourself. I apologize for taking so long to get this done!

https://picasaweb.google.com/GretaStuff/2012Jun30NampaIDAppleseedShoot?authkey=Gv1sRgCJG6jYail_HMNA

George Hacker

Many of them are also posted in the NW Region's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/NorthwestRegionProjectAppleseed

Please like our page so you get updates about upcoming and new events.  Share the photo album of your shoot so your friends can see what a great time you had in Nampa.  Tag yourself in the photos to also share with your friends.

Joni - thank you for taking such great pictures.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Prescott

Congratulations to the new riflemen in Nampa. O0

I had a great weekend in the Treasure Valley and I got to spend it with some really great folks.  The students all came with teachable attitudes and absorbed the marksmanship skills they were taught.    They showed their rifleman's persistance as they wanted to keep shooting Saturday afternoon in the 97 degree heat.

I expect we will see more rifleman at the fall shoots, as I expect the participants will practice their shooting positions at home and use dry fire practice to polish their skills.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Pa Rah

To all the instructors thanks for making the trip to Nampa ID. It seems like it is a long way from anywhere, hot in the summer and cold in the winter but a pretty good place to meet some new folks and learn the skills that Appleseed offers. Thanks again!
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Ronald Reagan

Mortgageboss

Thank you Joni, for posting those pictures.

I really enjoyed the history lessons as well.

scoob

Quote"We lured you in with the shooting, but we really brought you here for the history."

When I signed up , I was looking forward to both.

I've been shooting all my life.  Thought I was a decent shot.  Alas, the only formal training I had was the "How to operate an M-16" in USAF basic, which amounted to "how to point-and-pull...safely".  Appleseed stripped out all of the garbage that I thought I knew, and brought me back to the fundamentals.  Now I'm a Rifleman.

History is another one of those things that we think we know.  For many of us, even if we were told the real stories of the American Revolution, it was probably when we were too young to understand, or even care.  Couple that with the lack of persistence in our "meat grinder" education system to emphasize how important history is, with the apathy of today's average american (many of whom are the parents that no longer teach their children... anything), and you get what we have today.  Appleseed takes this in a positive direction as another "knowledge vacuum" and fills it with some more of the fundamentals... of American History.  The heart-felt way the stories are told really make it sink in, the importance of what happened in 1775.  I am a citizen.

Thank you, instructors, for sacrificing the time with your families to prepare and drive the hundreds of miles... to roast out in the desert and teach us how to better citizens...  Riflemen!
Mike 'scoob' Underwood
Boise, Idaho
--------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure and LIKE and SHARE our Facebook page: 
Northwest Region Project Appleseed
--------------------------------------------------------------
During the whole affair, the rebels attacked us in a very scattered, irregular manner, but with perseverance and resolution, nor did they ever dare to form into a regular body. Indeed they knew too well what was proper, to do so. Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken. They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..."Gen. Hugh, Earl Percy

Mark Davis

Welcome to the forum Boise rocker, Retired Geezer, Mortageboss, and Scoob.
If you have any questions, or just want to contact me, click on my, avatar and send a PM through the forum.

John Hart

Hey Mark!  I finally got on the forum!   ^:)^  I really enjoyed the weekend and I really appreciate all of the instructors making the lengthy drive from their home turf to come to the valley and spread the word about Appleseed.  Having heard and read quite a bit about it, the program exceeded my expectations.  High round count, challenging targets (to say the least!) and people I like to hang out with makes for a great experience and I'm already trying to spread the word about the October event. Hope to see you all there!

John Hart
Boise, ID