News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Little Rock AR Jun30-Jul1

Started by dart67eb, July 02, 2012, 02:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dart67eb

What can I say?  A great shoot at THE best facility I know of.  Derek, Grant and Blake braved the 106 degree heat for the weekend while Clay (crichton) joined us on Sunday for a slightly cooler 102.  We saw Clay finally shoot a Rifleman's score and Derek just missed with a 209.  Grant and Blake made good progress after getting their equipment straightened out.  All AR's on Saturday.

Special thanks to scarecrow for coming out from OK and having to put up with my odd sleeping hours (I work nights).  He's a fine instructor and was a great help. 

Clay took a blue hat and a few hours later took an orange hat.

Pete was there helping out.  Six more months until he gets an orange.

If you have never been to this facility, you are missing out.  This is a place where spec ops trains and has all of the bells and whistles.  The air-conditioned indoor classroom was a life saver.  A first class place civilians rarely see.  Travis, an employee of DARC, was on hand to make sure we were well taken care of.  He was a most gracious host.

On Sunday afternoon, we went to their long range and had a chance to band multiple steel at 50-400 yds.  A great way to put the battlesight zero and come-ups theory into practice.  I had a blast and hope to see some of you there again!

Now for the pics- I'll post some below and I have others that I can send you if you PM me with an email address. 
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Scarecrow

This was my first trip to Arkansas for Appleseed purposes.
I am glad I made the 5 hour one way drive from Oklahoma.
This weekend was well worth the effort.
Spending two days with four participants, Dart67eb and Pete was a rewarding experience.
All participants improved their knowledge and skills in addition to appreciation of the story of April 19, 1775.
All expressed enthusiasm for continuing with Appleseed in one form or another.
Thanks to the Jones gang, Derek, Grant and Blake for such wonderful, receptive attitudes.
Thanks also and congratulations to Clay for qualifying expert with a score of 215 on the AQT and accepting his orange hat as a brand new Instructor-in-Training.  O0
I would encourage all the Appleseed cadre in Arkansas to persist and persevere.
The program will continue to grow in your state if you do not give up.

The Scarecrow

Crichton

Thanks to all who showed up. I wish I could have been their for the first day of the event. But I am glad I made the chace to go Sunday. I hope Jason an the rest of the blue hats. Can more events going for the rest of this year. An many more for many years to come! Once again I thank all who came this weekend

SigEp7182003

Ok. Thanks so much for making the trip to Ar to help in our time of need. As always, one day Ar will be able to repay all the favors   Clay, finally. I know you have worked hard at that patch and  the hard work has payed off. Now im going to work you hard to get you a red hat.  Sorry I couldn't be in attendance but serving the public is well a 24 hour 7 day a week job.  Once again thanks scarecrow and dart for all the help. 
Officer
Jason Moore

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, but sooner or later the fellow who wins is the fellow who thinks he can.