News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Freedom, IN June 30, 2012 AAR

Started by hawkhavn, July 01, 2012, 01:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhavn

Placeholder, 2 new Riflemen, 1 new IIT- Timber, 105* in the shade...
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Orangedotfever

WOW! What a hot shoot! Triple digit temperatures but 4 patriots who braved and endured. I would like to apologize to my fellow instructors for not staying long enough to help pack up the equipment but I was suffering from heat exhaustion and could not take the pounding in my head anymore.

To the 2 new riflemen, HUZZAH! It was great to see Karen finally get her patch. I shot beside her at Bedford in April and we were paired up for ball and dummy. I could tell by her form, concentration and willingness to learn that it wouldn't be long. She'll make a fine Orangehat.

It was great to join the instructor cadre and be involved with the fine group that attended for both the shoot and the associated IIT primer held by SPQR. Thanks for allowing me in.
"Need", has nothing to do with it!

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living."  John Wayne

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well armed lamb.

Silvertip

Yep, that's me in the top picture.  Went to the AS with an attitude of undoing some of the 60 years of bad shooting habits that I had accumulated.  I learned a lot during those hot eight hours on Saturday.  When I qualified on my 2nd AQT attempt, I had not felt such pride in an accomplishment in years.  But the most fun was being next to Karen as she qualified.  When it comes to shooting, that lady works hard at it.  If she does take up highpower shooting at our gun club, some of the current shooters in our club matches will be in for a rude awakening.   ^-^

Timber

Glad you specified the top picture was you, Ralph!  Hate for people to confuse us  :)

Thank you to everyone that helped out and stuck around after the Instructor training!  It was great to see so many of you guys from the Bedford Contingent. 

And don't worry - I still plan on shooting high power.  And I love your confidence in me!  Thank you for everyone's support!

AuntieBellum

Yay, Karen!  I knew you'd get that patch this time.  Great job, and I hope to see you again soon!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot