News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lake Village, IN, June 30-July 1, 2012 - AAR

Started by AuntieBellum, July 01, 2012, 12:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

Placeholder. Great first day.  Can't wait for day two!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to each and every one of you who came out to Lake Village this weekend.  Our range hosts are second to none, and I always look forward to our shoots there!

Everyone should be proud of their progress this weekend.  We had brand spankin' new shooters, experienced shooters, young shooters, and young at heart shooters.  Everyone hung in there through the heat of Saturday and into the rain and wind of Sunday.  I was sad to have to make the decision to call the shoot after only one AQT today, but standing in an open field with lightening while holding metal sticks probably wouldn't have been smart.   ;)

And remember to tell your friends and family about what happened on April 19, 1775, and bring them back with you next time.  'Cause we know you'll all be back next time.  Pictures, anyone?   :cool2:
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

FireAxes

First Redcoat of Saturday morning. Compare those prone positions to the later pictures!

First Strike. We were lucky to have Rimshot spend some time with us on Saturday.

Checking targets with Grunt Soldier.

First target trying the standing position, good stuff!

A few more I snapped through the morning on sunday...

Weather aside, I really enjoyed this weekend. This was a very interesting group of shooters. Ranging from ZERO experience to being a multiple Appleseed attendee. I hope to see all of you at another event very soon.

Special thanks to our range hosts, their kindness and hospitality really went above and beyond. Thank you again.

grunt soldier

saturday was crazy hot.  man it's hard to shoot with sweat in your eyes lol.  what a great day though.  most everyone toughed it out and improved a ton.  we got some awesome history and great information.  My little buddy courtlin was shooting better than infantry soldiers I know.  adrian make sure you tell how proud I was she cleaned that red coat up.  by far one of the coolest and toughest 11 y/o I have met.  hopefully we will get to another shoot soon and I can tease her till she gets that rifleman patch :)   

it was a blast.  thanks for having me guys and gals.
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.