News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Lincoln, NE June 23/24, 2012

Started by zombiehunter, June 28, 2012, 04:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombiehunter

Well, the weekend may have been hot, but at least it was humid!   Did I say hot?  I meant to say really hot.  Seriously though, I gotta say we had a lot of fun this weekend.  We had another Appleseed hosted by the Lincoln Izaak Walton League.  Saturday started out with a downpour so hard that we had to use our firing line voices for orientation, but once the front moved out, we had temps in the upper 80s.  We had a single no-show from the pre-reg list and ended up with 11 shooters and 4 instructors (Necede, NEEDJOHNGALT, bakeneko, and me).   The shooters varied from having never fired a rifle before to guys that are active duty and in the reserves.  We also had a handful of youth shooters who did an excellent job, especially considering the heat and humidity.  Saturday went well and by the end of the day we had gotten through our first two AQTs.  Sunday didn't have a cloud in the sky and the temps peaked in the mid 90s.  While we didn't make any new Riflemen, everyone vowed to go home, practice, and come back to another Appleseed - and bring at least one new Appleseeder with them!

Here are a few pics from the weekend...

Saturday morning just before the skies opened up.

Explaining the target that can answer the very important question of, "What's my effective range?"

Let's talk about IMC...

Thanks to the Lincoln Ikes range for hosting the event, the Instructors, the IITs, and the shooters who came out to make this a great weekend!   O0
Join the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association! http://www.nebraskafirearms.org/