News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

..Winslow, NJ AAR June 23/24, 2012..

Started by Josey Wales, June 28, 2012, 09:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josey Wales

..this will be done by tonight.. Thank You...
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

VietVet

Hey JW....it's past tonight.......you out there??

Actually I just spoke with him and with working two jobs and being a little under the weather he asked me to fill everyone in.

This Event was complete (IMO).
We all walk away from every Shoot and in our own way in our own time we go over it and think of what we did, didn't do or should have done, the people we met, the friend we made.
We did it all. We realized quickly that those who attended truly cared about our Country and were  eager to hear the History and learn the Marksmanship.
Thanks to ALL who were involved in this Shoot. Shooters and Instructors became a team.

A special thank you to the South Jersey Shooting Club for hosting our event. They always treat us well.

We paced this Shoot to each Shooters ability.
One Shooter may have been on "Squares", another on "Greenies" while another, (Robb) was ready for the AQT's. All were brought along at the pace needed for them. Carefully, Safely under the direction of JW who was always on top of everything. Great job Nick.
Nick, myself and quickshot (Tom) kept them going, but again with Safety up front.

We saw tremendous improvement throughout the weekend and trust me, there's a few Rifleman knocking on the door in South Jersey.

Jersey took a huge step this weekend in advancing it's Instructor Corps.
quickshot, a Jersey native, decided to come home and work an event in his State. We had to steal him away from sgtrock up in Burlington Flats, NY for this one. Sorry Stoner but he's a Jersey Guy and hopefully he'll help JW out at future events in NJ. You trained him well.
Great job and thanks Tom.

We also had Mike and his wife join us on the line. Thanks for your Service Mike. After talking with him for awhile I found out he's Military. Air force and is a Pilot who fly's F16's.
Impressive. Mike also managed to win the "Couch Target" shoot, getting ALL 10 rounds in the TV screen. Again, Impressive.

Robb, who as mentioned was ready for AQT"S proved he was and Shot a 227.
Well done Robb. Now here's where it gets even better.
He took the Orange Hat!
Another NJ Instructor to join in the effort to Save America. He'll truly be an asset to Appleseed and NJ.
JW is building a crew in Jersey and it's looking pretty good.
Oh, Robb is now IIT RobbNJ on the forum. Welcome and thanks Robb.

The age group of our Shooters ran the gamut. The youngest was Shannon (11 or 12).
She never even slowed down. Oh...to be young again.

The Sun I must admit baked us. Right on the edge of handing out an "Infernoseed Patch".
Close, but a near miss.
The Shooters hung in there and were constantly reminded to HYDRATE!

It was a good event. One of the better ones I've been to. Honestly. It just ran so smoothly. All enjoyed themselves and promised to return in September for the next Shoot in Winslow.

I'm sure when Josey gets back up on his feet he'll jump in here and cover what I missed.

Well done.....ALL!

I'll post photos later. Just need to go through them and my camera is still in the truck.

Stay tuned.......
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

VietVet

Photos as promised...........

OUR

VietVet

A few more.......
                                    OUR

sgtrock

Gentlemen, Nice Job

RobbNJ,,, Welcome to the Instructor Corps, Hope to meet you on the trail,,,

It's Great to see all the hard work is paying off in N.J.,,, You guys are doing a Great job south of the border,,,

Tom (quickshot) glad you were able to make it to the shoot,,, Hay ya Rich,,, Tom comes up here regularly to see his grandfather, so I am sure I will be able to get him for a few events every now and then, as soon as his college thing gives him a break.

Again guys nice work,,,

sgtrock